The SE 245 love thread!!!

Can't believe I missed this threado_O
Here's mine, currently with 245 USA pups installed and it became my #1 guitar since then!
Sac9Hcb.jpeg

4WueOkc.jpeg

CRgaCnf.jpeg

MfeANqL.jpeg

PBc5LVQ.jpeg

Now ... I would "kill" (or at least try really really hard to be come a better player ) for a stripey, flamed veneer top like that ... on an S2 McCarty 594 Thinline. No need for a half inch thick maple top (probably add a ton a extra weight) , maybe just a skinny cap of say 1/8" with a veneer (and binding) like that ...

Dammit PRS Please Do This !!! :mad: As I will never be able to put $6K into a Core , that might look almost as good ... (well I do like the violin carve, but hey ... ) :oops:

And Thanks Alnus Rubra, for helping me find this thread !

I'm already plotting to do a tuner upgrade (SE Lockers) and now bridge studs to an SE Hollowbody II ...

Last edited:
What I should share is that Andertons are a great shop to purchase from, super fast and packed well!

Thanks Captain and crew.

Hey Alnus, as a US dude I do know about Anderton's from their You Tube presentations. You may have seen my thread "New Product Category " ? (turns out its not new) I had to buy , after watching the Andertons guys are extolling what I call in "code" (as its not a PRS product ) The "Brand "F" Ponycar Micro . Now as a US Dude (and Native Detroiter) "Ponycar" refers to "Mustang" , the car) . To avoid running afoul of The Forum Police , I have avoided sayin " Fender Mustang Micro Headphone Amp " !!!

But it was the Anderton Guys that really sold me on it . I just could not figure how it would make sense to buy it from them. So I went about 2 miles down the street to the neighborhood Sam Ash and they benefitted. Probably not much, considering the modest cost of the thing. But to KEEP IT PRS ... It is one oft he coolest (and less obtrusive ways ) TO ENJOY YOUR PRS GUITAR, ANY PLACE OR ANY TIME ! ;)

Hey Alnus, as a US dude I do know about Anderton's from their You Tube presentations. You may have seen my thread "New Product Category " ? (turns out its not new) I had to buy , after watching the Andertons guys are extolling what I call in "code" (as its not a PRS product ) The "Brand "F" Ponycar Micro . Now as a US Dude (and Native Detroiter) "Ponycar" refers to "Mustang" , the car) . To avoid running afoul of The Forum Police , I have avoided sayin " Fender Mustang Micro Headphone Amp " !!!

But it was the Anderton Guys that really sold me on it . I just could not figure how it would make sense to buy it from them. So I went about 2 miles down the street to the neighborhood Sam Ash and they benefitted. Probably not much, considering the modest cost of the thing. But to KEEP IT PRS ... It is one oft he coolest (and less obtrusive ways ) TO ENJOY YOUR PRS GUITAR, ANY PLACE OR ANY TIME ! ;)

Acceptable description would be:

Fedner Mastung Morci Pheadhone Map ;)

Just to help you fly under the radar!:D

Also, well done for keeping the local shop in business.

Now ... I would "kill" (or at least try really really hard to be come a better player ) for a stripey, flamed veneer top like that ... on an S2 McCarty 594 Thinline. No need for a half inch thick maple top (probably add a ton a extra weight) , maybe just a skinny cap of say 1/8" with a veneer (and binding) like that ...

Dammit PRS Please Do This !!! :mad: As I will never be able to put $6K into a Core , that might look almost as good ... (well I do like the violin carve, but hey ... ) :oops:

And Thanks Alnus Rubra, for helping me find this thread !

I'm already plotting to do a tuner upgrade (SE Lockers) and now bridge studs to an SE Hollowbody II ...

Daves Guitars (and other dealers, in the interest of fairness) will be your friend in your hunt for a nice SE 245.

Keep watching their site(s) as they appear quite regularly. Daves have them listed at good prices.

NUX has one out that seems interesting if your worried about buying from the competition. It's valled an MP-2. They are on the 'verb for just under 70 ducks.

NUX has one out that seems interesting if your worried about buying from the competition. It's valled an MP-2. They are on the 'verb for just under 70 ducks.

It requires (or assumes) you have a stooopid phone to use with it as an interface ...For the masses that do, it may be cool ... But Homey Don't Play That, so I have a stand-alone solution . You have to download "Apps" 'n sh*t to do stuff with the Nux it so its a non-starter for me at least ...

BUT that said ... all these gizmos including the $400 Micro Katana (I forget what BOSS calls the Katana in Headphones) ... are cool ways to enjoy your PRS guitars !

It requires (or assumes) you have a stooopid phone to use with it as an interface ...For the masses that do, it may be cool ... But Homey Don't Play That, so I have a stand-alone solution . You have to download "Apps" 'n sh*t to do stuff with the Nux it so its a non-starter for me at least ...

BUT that said ... all these gizmos including the $400 Micro Katana (I forget what BOSS calls the Katana in Headphones) ... are cool ways to enjoy your PRS guitars !
Whatever happened to polite society where people just said thank you, rolled their eyes and moved on with life. The diatribe was totally unnecessary.

Whatever happened to polite society where people just said thank you, rolled their eyes and moved on with life. The diatribe was totally unnecessary.

To characterize what I said as "diatribe" ... is also totally unnecessary ... so you might want to ask yourself the same question ...:rolleyes:

Back