The Pignose

CoreyT

PRS Addiction
How many of you own one of these?
I use to think they were cool when I was growing up and saw them in the stores and Guitar Player, but never got to try one out.
A few years back I finally bought one off of Amazon.

Even though it is small, it can still get loud.
So loud I can not crank it where I live without getting knocks on my door.

This morning I brought the little piggy to work and fired it up along with my SE Custom 24 and ran it cranked for a bit.
Sweet Tony Iommi type sounds for low riffage, and turning the volume back a bit some nice Malcolm Young AC/DC style crunch.
Going to look into getting an AC adapter for it as running it full blast will deplete the batteries pretty fast.

I also have a Blackstar ID 15 here at work which is a lotta fun to crank early in the morning when there are only a few in the building.

http://pignose.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage/products/legendary-7-100

Sounds like a pretty good job
I get to work early in the morning to check my email, make the coffee, and eat breakfast, so I have around an hour to kill before the building here starts to get populated, so I can rock out without disturbing anyone.
During normal hours this three story building I am based out of is packed full.

I used to have a job years ago doing HVAC service in house at a facility that was once a girls school run by some nuns, and is an in house hotel now used for weekly training by an insurance company. The building has a huge chapel with stained glass windows that they use as a conference hall. On weekends the place was deserted and I used to crank my amp in there, the acoustics were fantastic :)

an pd yeah those pig noses are cool. I lusted for one as a kid.

Yeah, we have an auditorium here too around the corner from my office, and I have cranked some of my other amps in there.
Lots of fun :D

Ahhhh, 20 minutes until I have to start work.
I shall play my guitar a bit more, but turned down lower now as people are coming in.

I once brought in an amp and guitar to work to play in our production floor area, when it happened to be fairly unpopulated. (It is currently very populated, we make big things.)

So I had about 300ft x 100ft x 40ft of almost empty warehouse, with some strategically placed partial walls. The reverb was glorious! If I turned the amp to face different directions, I could get all kinds of different echoes, in different combinations.

A couple of months ago I got my Archon head + cab delivered to work, so I tried it out in the parking lot at lunch. I faced the amp away from our building, with a similar building, parallel to ours, about 400 ft away. Once again, the echo was fantastic.

I love big spaces and the natural reverb/echo you can get.

Strangely enough I'd never heard of, or seen, the Pignose until now, presumably it's a US made amp?

Back