The Official "Singlecut 594" Love Thread!!

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by MA Pete, Oct 10, 2016.

1. jcha008

jcha008 New Member

When Pete comes back, it will be with a vengeance as always :cool:.

Looks like I'll have something to add to this thread in about 5-6 months ;). This wait is going to suck :eek:.

MA Pete, flux and bodia like this.
  2. g.wizz

g.wizz New Member

I sure gonna miss you Pete, I wonder how I'm gonna contact you when I get my 594 SC ;). Well I wish you the best in your future endeavor hoping that will hear from you in the near future. With God speed brother.

MA Pete likes this.
  3. Guitarsan

Guitarsan "I floor it. That’s technical talk." SRV

Play on, brother!

MA Pete likes this.
  4. MA Pete

MA Pete Singlecut Addict

Thanks everyone for the very kind comments! I came back here tonight just to check in, and was moved by your posts.

I will share with you guys that I put a set of one-off PRS Custom Wound PAF pickups in the beloved Prototype SC 594 this week. They were the extra set that came with the Rumbleseat Prototype.

Here are the specs, and the writing on the back of the pickups (thanks to Mike/Rider1260 for the specs!):

Rumble Seat A (Neck Pickup)
    Notes on the pickup:
    AL-2
    .125 ISO

Rumble Seat B (Bridge Pickup)
    Notes on the pickup:
    AL-4
    MOJO

I can't believe it, but that guitar sounds better than ever! Best sounding guitar I have ever owned or played. How is a guy supposed to have GAS when every other guitar I get after this one doesn't quite sound as good as this one? ;) (All have been great, but never quite as perfect as this one...)

The bridge pickup is absolutely magical. It definitely does have Mojo, as written on the back of the pickup. Alnico 4 in there, interesting.

After all this collecting of 594's (and the Ted's before that), this one is THE one, for me. Nothing else gets played, really. I guess I just need one, after all this fuss... :)

tip, sloanthebone, g.wizz and 3 others like this.
  5. flux

flux feline dominated

If you can find a way to bottle that, I'll be your customer for life. :D

bodia likes this.
  6. Gene Graham

Gene Graham New Member

Paul,

Sorry for resurrecting an older post, but your guitar with the changes you made looks awesome! I have a couple of questions / concerns / observations for you and the rest of us...

(By the way I just purchased a 594 SC...due to be delivered in 2 days...waiting is SO hard...)

First, was there any change in the pickup output or tone with the change to the Allparts gold pole pieces? My concern is a change in alloy from what PRS uses might alter things...not that that would be horrible, but these guitars sound so amazing me, I'd hate to screw it up. Are my concerns unfounded?

Second, I've been shopping around for gold tuner buttons. It looks like Schaller makes large buttons that might be a match for PRS. I might need to buy the entire TUNER set, but it's less expensive than Phase 3s. Any comments?

Finally, I see that a company called Tone Ninjas (or something like that) sells ebony buttons with inlaid PRS birds that are advertised to fit Phase 3 tuners. They look amazing (if a little busy). Does anybody have experience with these?

Thanks!
    Gene

7. Elliot

Elliot Still a New Member

goldtop SC 594 popped up on reverb for 2800. my dream of the affordable 594 is coming true

sergiodeblanc, Herr Squid and bodia like this.
  8. Paulg2uk

Paulg2uk New Member

Hi Gene,

No worries at all, I didn't notice any difference in tone when switching to the gold pole pieces. on another note though I did notice the difference between the wood library models with the maple necks as you guys would expect. I prefer those to the normal versions. Not sure on the gold tuner buttons to be honest I couldn't get any over here in the UK I would of had to fork out for a complete machine head set. I decided to just buy the white tuner buttons instead. I did the same to my 594DC as well.

I've actually seen a 594 sc in gold sparkle and it looks really nice. I'd have another one if I could afford it.

Cheers
    Paul

9. Base6

Base6 Guitar Addict

I see where you are heading Pete. I have seen you on the dark side... I have been whatching you...

Rock those LPs!!

10. sergiodeblanc

sergiodeblanc Rah rah ah ah ah!

I'm here to tell you, you can get everything in life you want if you're prepared to wait long enough for it.

11. WA Paul

WA Paul New Member

Ended up trading this to Randy at Infinity Guitars in Houston for a Baker B3 - that was originally custom ordered by our very own Pete Dale! Pete, I swear I'm not stalking you! I'm really liking the B3 so far. Randy is awesome to deal with as well!

12. NeubyWanKaneuby

NeubyWanKaneuby New Member

I joined the SC594 club. Had to sell a few things, but it was worth it.

[​IMG]

WA Paul, Guitarsan, tip and 12 others like this.
  13. LSchefman

LSchefman Hears Tones

Looks good, Neubywan.

NeubyWanKaneuby likes this.
  14. Herr Squid

Herr Squid I was severely impressed

Wow! Somehow I forgot Emerald was an available color on those babies.

15. NeubyWanKaneuby

They actually called it Vintage Aqua. The other pic I have is in different lighting and it looks totally different.

[​IMG]

16. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

Dig it! Congrats! Light or dark back?

NeubyWanKaneuby likes this.
  17. NeubyWanKaneuby

Dark back.

18. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

Sweet!

19. MA Pete

MA Pete Singlecut Addict

Hey Paul! Small world! ;)

Yeah, Randy is a great guy! He mentioned that to me the other day, re a "guy from Seattle that knew me from the Forums" buying the the b3, I thought that might have been you.

That is a killer b3 as well, congrats! I spec'ed two at once, decided to keep just one at the time. I still have the other one and love it!

WA Paul likes this.
  20. MA Pete

MA Pete Singlecut Addict

Thanks again, guys! I have appreciated your support and enthusiasm with me on the 2 594 threads here.

I do always seem to go in cycles - maybe I will be back after a bit of a hiatus, as I have done before!

In the meantime - keep on rocking those great DC and SC 594's!!

sloanthebone and g.wizz like this.