The "Official Silver Sky" Thread

There should be a silver sky specific volume pot available on the PRS spares website. The 500k would normally be for the humbucker guitars. I was looking through the UK PRS site a couple of months ago and sure I saw one for the silver sky. However, I bought the 500k one for my Strat (that has all single coils) and that's working for me but that does have a higher output darker bridge pickup which I wanted the 500k to add a bit of presence on the top end
Groovy
Thank you for the input, good sir!
Take care

-Scott

Hey, did you guys know the Silver Sky pickguard has a protective film?

:oops:

:D

I've been playing my ("Core"/whatever) Silver Sky a fair bit recently, more than usual, and I guess I finally started to rub the film a bit on the pickguard near the pickup selector enough to cause it to start rolling/bubbling. I honestly didn't know it was there, and I've had this guitar for over two years.

Shows you how observant I am. Or maybe how well the film is applied that it isn't even the slightest bit obvious?

Yes it does have a protective film. I left it on until my pick attacks affected some of it. Then I took it off and tried to be more careful with the pickguard. :)

So I don't see it explicitly against the Forum rules - are we allowed to discuss leaked news here? Because there's some interesting pictures floating around on Reddit today... Will share more if that's allowed

You have my authorization
I think a lot of us have been anticipating this finish for a little while
matte-silver-sky-v0-aeenzlzzzfac1.jpg

The OP of this thread shared some details about the sourcing

Saw something floating around today about a new blue color
That seems to be the rumor right now - two new finishes, the matte black one in the leaked photo and one rumored to be called “Venetian Blue”

I’m really curious to see if they tweaked the pickups or neck shape again, or anything like that.

Do they generally release new SE colours this time of year too? Was potentially going to grab a black SE but kind of want to wait to see if they release new colours

So just got a new core Rosewood board Silver Sky, it's got a build date of late December 2023 (it's three weeks old - a wee baby)..sold as "used"from a authorized dealer, so I'm guessing it was a dealer demo or used for promo purposes and the neck is definitely not the same gloss as my other Rosewood board Silver Skies (a 2019 and 2020 respectively)... it's a satin finish...so I'm supposing the gloss will be gone on the 2024 SS rosewoods as a spec change? (based on what I'm holding in my hands and what the photos above of the Charcoal frost looking finish one seem to have)

bafkreihmxeotfcyn2bcfisv5mu4kzcalozm75nilshc36vt5dcdr7w4tna@jpeg

bafkreibvbbkyeywbw6qstay7b4vtjpuz57mv7k6keqwwo62eu3mizyrvkq@jpeg

So just got a new core Rosewood board Silver Sky, it's got a build date of late December 2023 (it's three weeks old - a wee baby)..sold as "used"from a authorized dealer, so I'm guessing it was a dealer demo or used for promo purposes and the neck is definitely not the same gloss as my other Rosewood board Silver Skies (a 2019 and 2020 respectively)... it's a satin finish...so I'm supposing the gloss will be gone on the 2024 SS rosewoods as a spec change? (based on what I'm holding in my hands and what the photos above of the Charcoal frost looking finish one seem to have)

That looks snappy! Congrats!!

Any word on when the new colors drop? Has PRS announced if there will be a January lineup reveal like previous years? Will they be at NAMM? I know they haven’t attended the past few

Aw yeah... I'd be super happy with a satin neck on mine, congrats!

Back