The Official "McCarty 594" Love Thread!!

594 Sighting!! PS 6273.

First PRS Private Stock ever with "Edge Knots". Looks pretty cool!!

Lots of cool grain going on on that Cocobolo Board!

One piece Quilt Top. Semi-Hollow with no F-Hole.

VERY EXCITED for this one!!!

(Thanks, Hunter!!)

psf92-1000-9-jpg.4638

Cross post from the PSF Thread.

My PS 6273, DC 594, Semi-Hollow with no F-Hole, Edge Knots, was spotted on PSF today!!

Can't wait, looks like the will be a pretty unique and awesome guitar!

Ha! Sane? That might be a stretch. :) I dropped one of mine off with your guy this morning. When I put the case down he asked, "So, what do you have in there?". I replied, "A 594." He laughed, and said, "I should have known that if you're a friend of Pete's." :)

He has a lot of experience with the 594's! :)

He gets them dialed in very nicely too, great low action with no buzzing, they play great after he's done with them!

I am dropping one off there tomorrow for a pickup swap...

Posted an N5D thread (for those that may not still read this thread...), but capturing here as well:

Another N5D for me, I loved the Grey Black Fade Righteous Guitars Wood Library Korina 594 so darn much, I needed another one! Holy cow, Korina makes for great tone!

This one is in Red Tiger, nice quilt top!

Ben at Righteous is awesome to work with! He suggested "how about we wire this one up out-of-phase to mix it up from the other one"? He didn't even know that I am a HUGE Peter Green fan, and coincidentally I have been listening to nothing but Peter Green bluesy stuff (his work with John Mayall, and the early Fleetwood Mac stuff) nonstop for about 6 months. Sounds great with the out-of-phase tones!

I have had an AMAZING time this year experiencing the 594 model, but these last two Korina ones are taking it to a new level for me, I just love the tone, the subtly different way they sound, and resonate. They look great too! But for me it is mostly about the way they sound and feel.

IMG_0280_zps1xrhsqpt.jpg

IMG_0282_zpsmurr5stm.jpg

Of course with my signature Ivoroid Tuner Knob upgrade!!
IMG_0281_zpsoutgpz1t.jpg

Killer Brazilian Board
IMG_0285_zpsrbxfzxts.jpg

Sweetness!
IMG_0286_zps8nykohkf.jpg

I *LOVE* the grain in Korina!!
IMG_0290_zpspxtz0p35.jpg

Cool knot in the grain.
IMG_0289_zpsyvwekekg.jpg

Thick body! Dig that about the 594. Makes for good tone... ;)
IMG_0283_zps2f6xemkz.jpg

I dig the contrast between the dark red top and the very light Korina Body!
IMG_0292_zps1nwzzzyo.jpg

Wow Pete - Two from the same WL batch! I don't think that one was in the shop when I picked out my blue "Bubbles", at least I didn't spot it. I would have had a dilemma choosing between the two. I LOVE red guitars!

Question - since I haven't experienced a "normal" 594 with a 58/15lt in the bridge position, what do you think the pluses/minuses of both bridge pickups (57/08 vs 58/15lt) are?

Thanks and Enjoy!

Wow Pete - Two from the same WL batch! I don't think that one was in the shop when I picked out my blue "Bubbles", at least I didn't spot it. I would have had a dilemma choosing between the two. I LOVE red guitars!

Question - since I haven't experienced a "normal" 594 with a 58/15lt in the bridge position, what do you think the pluses/minuses of both bridge pickups (57/08 vs 58/15lt) are?

Thanks and Enjoy!

Thanks!

So far, I am really digging the 5708 in the Bridge. Which is sort of weird for me, as I have never really been a big fan of the 5708 bridge, ever. I have owned a ton of guitars with the 5708 bridge over the years, the production 2009 Ted run had those, for instance. I always felt in the Ted's they didn't have enough output, I usually replaced them with 5909's. I really liked the 5815 Bridge too, in the one DC 245 Ted PS I had them in. (The one exception for me back in those days - my Shootout McCarty sounded awesome with the stock 5708's.)

But these modern day 5708's sound GREAT in these 2 594's. They match well with the 5815 LT Neck as well. I like the 5815 LT Bridge, but I actually prefer this combination over the stock configuration...

Of course these 594's, and especially these Korina ones, are all so great, I think most pickups would sound great in them! ;)

Brian G is making so totally sick 594 Private Stocks, holy cow!!

Whoever has this one on hold, congrats! Killer. Off the charts amazing...

http://briansguitars.com/product/paul-reed-smith-private-stock-mccarty-594-dragons-breath-glow

Looks like it is on fire! ;)

Also there is this one:

http://briansguitars.com/product/pa...mccarty-594-trem-teal-nightshade-smoked-burst

First PS 594 Trem I have seen, very cool! Also, Black Limba Body and Korina Neck, right up my alley with my recent Korina obsession.

Congrats as well to whoever has that one on hold! (Oh wait - that would be me. Darn you, Brian!! Please stop the madness!!) ;)

http://briansguitars.com/product/paul-reed-smith-private-stock-mccarty-594-dragons-breath-glow

Also there is this one:

http://briansguitars.com/product/pa...mccarty-594-trem-teal-nightshade-smoked-burst

First PS 594 Trem I have seen, very cool! Also, Black Limba Body and Korina Neck, right up my alley with my recent Korina obsession.

Congrats as well to whoever has that one on hold! (Oh wait - that would be me. Darn you, Brian!! Please stop the madness!!) ;)

Oh man, congrats!

Also there is this one:

Congrats on picking up that cool teal-nightshade trem Pete...That hot dragon 594 is headed my way!!!

15032665_10154685867646382_2445303391069962761_n_zpspt8vdykw.jpg

So I saw this on Facebook, Supro won some award for best amp of some category for 2016, from Guitarist Magazine. Does this cover shot mean the 594 won an award for best new guitar of 2016? If so, AWESOME! And IMO deservedly so. Great to see this awesome model getting some recognition in the industry!

That particular one looks killer! The top looks like Charcoal, but the back looks darker than "Natural". I love the darker brown back finishes. That just doesn't seem like a standard finish configuration, for the 2016 Core models anyway. If I saw a guitar just like that on Reverb, it would instantaneously be on its way to me! ;)

This cover really stuck me as I was playing my Charcoal Triburst 594>>Muffroom Cloud>>Supro Black Magick the day it arrived in the mail. Needless to say...I agree with their choices.

Congrats on picking up that cool teal-nightshade trem Pete...That hot dragon 594 is headed my way!!!

Awesome to hear, congrats!! Glad to hear that it is "staying in the family" here on the forum! Good thing you moved quickly, I was checking about a "Buy one, Get one Half Off" Christmas Sale with Brian!

;)

This cover really stuck me as I was playing my Charcoal Triburst 594>>Muffroom Cloud>>Supro Black Magick the day it arrived in the mail. Needless to say...I agree with their choices.

Well, that just goes to show you that you must have good taste!

Pete, I used to tease about there being a MA Pete wing at Paul's house. But...now I think it's real. ;)

That new one's pretty special to look at!

So, what's in, what's out? How many 594s ya sportin' now? It's very hard to tabulate, so many have come in, who knows how many have departed?

Pete, I used to tease about there being a MA Pete wing at Paul's house. But...now I think it's real. ;)

That new one's pretty special to look at!

So, what's in, what's out? How many 594s ya sportin' now? It's very hard to tabulate, so many have come in, who knows how many have departed?

Thanks re the new one, Les! I really love it. Tonally, the Korina ones totally knock my socks off.

So I had to count them up, I have owned 12 594's, not including the SC:
  • GOM Feb 594
  • Honey Core 594
  • Orange Tiger Dave's WL 594
  • Livingston Lemonburst Willcutt's WL 594
  • Green Metallic Core 594
  • Vintage Burst Willcutt's WL 594
  • Goldtop Burst Core 594
  • Tobacco Burst Core 594
  • Faded Red Tiger PS 594
  • Violet Blue Burst Brian's WL 594 with Rosewood Neck
  • Grey Black Fade Righteous Korina WL 594
  • Red Tiger Righteous Korina WL 594
I still have 4, the two Korina ones, the Faded Red Tiger Private Stock, plus the Tobacco Core one (which now is in CA at my Apartment there).

I just sold a few because of the SC PS Prototype, and the Core/WL SC's coming out now. ;)

Wow, 12? How did that happen?!? :)

I am selling the Faded Red Tiger PS now, to help fund the DC 594 Private Stocks coming up in the near future. That one is awesome, tonally the best traditional formula one I have owned (meaning not Korina), but its will have too much overlap with the inbound ones with the Wood Combinations and formula, so I am going to sell that one to "make room" for the new ones inbound.

It's been quite a year!! Interesting that after all of those guitars that went through my hands, and the time that has passed, I am more smitten with the DC 594 than ever! You would think that perhaps the euphoria would pass over time, but not in this case for my beloved DC 594, they delight me every time I plug them in.

We all deal with pressures and stresses in our lives, and this magical guitar helps me wash mine away. So we joked earlier today that I need therapy, but I get good therapy every day, from playing my 594's! ;)

We all deal with pressures and stresses in our lives, and this magical guitar helps me wash mine away. So we joked earlier today that I need therapy, but I get good therapy every day, from playing my 594's! ;)

You're right! A great instrument is a stress-relieving drug that won't kill you!

Of course, if I'd bought so many, while the stress relievers wouldn't kill me, my wife definitely would! :eek:

I'm not a religious man, but I hereby nominate your wife for sainthood. :)

Back