The Official "McCarty 594" Love Thread!!

Well, I first saw your photos on my phone, but when I went to look at them in a browser, no dice. After your Google photo comments, I logged into my Google account with the browser. No dice. And now I can't see them on the phone.

I have an easy suggestion. http://www.photobucket.com It's free and works like a champ. And also conveniently provides a "Direct" web address when looking at each photo. Then use the "Image" icon above to paste each image address individually. It also has a smartphone app for easy upload of smartphone photos. That will not fail, I can assure you. I've been using it for years!

Guitarsan - Thanks for the tip re Photobucket, I will give that a try going forward...

I played a 594 at The Guitar Shop today....very impressed with this model. Nice beefy neck, I like the split coil options (both tone knobs) - The guitar felt great, very resonant, a joy to play and sounded superb. The pickups are really nice. I have the 58/15's in my DC245 and I think I may prefer the lessor output pups in the 594. I may just cave in!

I played a 594 at The Guitar Shop today....very impressed with this model. Nice beefy neck, I like the split coil options (both tone knobs) - The guitar felt great, very resonant, a joy to play and sounded superb. The pickups are really nice. I have the 58/15's in my DC245 and I think I may prefer the lessor output pups in the 594. I may just cave in!
Do it! You know you want to! And you came to the right place for a loving nudge!

In Mississauga? Best act fast before I can fit a visit into my schedule.
Say hi to Adrian for me (Peter).

Alright, finally had some time to take quick pics. Doesn't totally do it justice, but it just has that vintage vibe with McCarty burst finish and vintage flaming with grain pattern, just like a 59 LP.

I added the truss rod cover naturally, had an extra one to spare and it goes great with the abalone inlays!

IMG_0864_zpsn3ioaupj.jpg

IMG_0879_zpsljyqfz3l.jpg

IMG_0866_zpsiuegvwgy.jpg

IMG_0867_zpsafhzkyxx.jpg

IMG_0869_zpscmgydkfo.jpg

Beautiful. Just Beautiful! Particularly great shots of the inlays. That truss rod cover goes perfectly. If you don't mind my asking, where did you get it?? (TRC)

Kevin

Alright, finally had some time to take quick pics. Doesn't totally do it justice, but it just has that vintage vibe with McCarty burst finish and vintage flaming with grain pattern, just like a 59 LP.

I added the truss rod cover naturally, had an extra one to spare and it goes great with the abalone inlays!

IMG_0864_zpsn3ioaupj.jpg

IMG_0879_zpsljyqfz3l.jpg

IMG_0866_zpsiuegvwgy.jpg

IMG_0867_zpsafhzkyxx.jpg

IMG_0869_zpscmgydkfo.jpg
That is the best looking core 594 I've seen yet!

Thanks Guitarsan. That is EXACTLY what I do. I searched on the Google Forums, lots of conflicting reports as to the issue, but one potential issue can be whether or not the viewer has a Google account and is logged in. Google's passive/aggressive behavior to attempt to take over the world, no doubt...

Apologies to all for muddying this glorious thread on the incredible 594 model with this unfortunate banter! ;)
Pete I'm very bummed out this early morning:( not one pic has shown up and I was eagerly awaiting your post :mad:

Thanks all for the compliments! I can't remember where I got the TRC, will try to figure it out.

So nice to be playing a short scale again, the bends are easy and I love the neck. I can't see the difference in the neck but I can sure feel it. The asymmetrical aspect is not a gimmick! Kind of helps anchor your thumb when it's hanging over, but still allows space to stretch your fingers across the fretboard.

I was a bit concerned that the pickups wouldn't be strong enough but they are, and I think the LT aspect adds clarity. Easy enough to apply boost, etc. externally with my Helix for that purpose.

And the search is done. Got a lifer in my hands!

Thanks all for the compliments! I can't remember where I got the TRC, will try to figure it out.

So nice to be playing a short scale again, the bends are easy and I love the neck. I can't see the difference in the neck but I can sure feel it. The asymmetrical aspect is not a gimmick! Kind of helps anchor your thumb when it's hanging over, but still allows space to stretch your fingers across the fretboard.

I was a bit concerned that the pickups wouldn't be strong enough but they are, and I think the LT aspect adds clarity. Easy enough to apply boost, etc. externally with my Helix for that purpose.

And the search is done. Got a lifer in my hands!

It's so rewarding when you find a guitar you know you'll always want to hang onto!

Great pics, Guitarsan! Thanks for sharing them. That is a killer Vintage Finish. I think these look great in the Vintage finishes, to me it best matches the vintage vibe of the guitar.

A comment re Amps today. My 594's sound just fine with my EL34-based Bogner Helios. But there I felt like the Amp wanted higher output pickups. With a clean boost, better.

Tried them last night and today with my 6L6-based Tone King Sky King, with a Bogner La Grange pedal in front of the amp, and some reverb on the amp. OMG! Vintage tones to die for!!

With that combination, great tones with both pickups mixed and playing with the volumes and tones. Was working on some Clapton Cream rhythms and leads today, perfect tones for that! I am so glad I got that amp to mix things up a bit from my usual EL-34 centric collection...

Ebony Boards?

Hey guys - for those of you with the Artist 594's with the Ebony Boards, any opinions of how the Ebony Boards affect the tone, comparatively speaking versus Rosewood boards?

Many of the available 594's out there in dealer inventories are Artist 594's. I have been reluctant to pull the trigger on any of them, knowing that historically I have preferred the tone of the traditional formula of Mahogany Body and Neck, Maple Top and Rosewood board.

Thoughts?

Thanks!!

-Pete

Tried them last night and today with my 6L6-based Tone King Sky King, with a Bogner La Grange pedal in front of the amp, and some reverb on the amp. OMG! Vintage tones to die for!!

Great pedal, and no wonder you like its tones...after all, it's designed to sound like a vintage EL34 amp, i.e., the thing you most like! ;)

Ebony Boards?

Hey guys - for those of you with the Artist 594's with the Ebony Boards, any opinions of how the Ebony Boards affect the tone, comparatively speaking versus Rosewood boards?

Many of the available 594's out there in dealer inventories are Artist 594's. I have been reluctant to pull the trigger on any of them, knowing that historically I have preferred the tone of the traditional formula of Mahogany Body and Neck, Maple Top and Rosewood board.

Thoughts?

Thanks!!

-Pete

I have no way to compare directly (my Artist 594 has the standard Gaboon ebony fretboard) with Rosewood, but my gut says ebony vs rosewood fretboard on a mahogany neck is indiscernible. Mahogany vs Rosewood neck wood is another matter - there is some difference, I think described earlier in this thread?

Back