The Contest: "Master of your domain"

sergiodeblanc

One of the unexpected side effects of getting to interact with "Ned The Destroyer" and seeing his "Serenity" guitar is that I have finally begun to watch Seinfeld. I know I am about twenty years late on seeing the show, but when it first came out I was busy having too much fun to watch television. :beer::dancing:

So I saw the "Master of my own domain" episode and thought of our recent discussions about the amount of guitars we all own (or used to), and have come to view the practice as just a bit (nothing wrong with that) masturbatory.
We all have a few heros who have primarily played one guitar, how long do you think you can go only playing one guitar?

The thought is, you post a picture of a guitar you will remain faithful to for as long as you can. In that same post you put up a "bet" , could be a pedal, stickers, T-shirt, etc.etc. something tangible to create a small sense of loss for you that you would be willing to send to the winner (that part would be completely up to you, so don't play if you won't pay!), but not anything too big to create any animosity.

When you "cheat" you post a picture of the guitar you played, and some lame excuse as to why you couldn't control yourself. It would be completely up to you to play fair, and we would be on the honor system. This game would be an exercise in restraint for some, or perhaps incentive for others to find a way to really bond with a single instrument they may be unsure of, or just an excuse for others to get creative with what they have.

I would like there to be a start date and an end date, like maybe a month at first. If it goes well enough (or at all) the first time, we could up the ante for a second go round. I would also like to give you a chance to get some other guitars out of your system, but for those of you who may be expecting some seasonal joy, I would like to set a start date before the holidays.

Anybody in? I mean it's not like we all don't "do it" already.:wink: it could be fun. Any other ideas would be welcomed!

Last edited:
Ha! This should be good. No money, though. We don't want to be accused of gambling.

I have a guitar inbound in the next few weeks so I know I'll lose to quickly to justify playing. It will be fun to see how this thread plays out though. :)

Participants would necessarily have to own more than one guitar and would otherwise usually play more than one.

Sounds like fun...

Ok......I will bet....$5000 I will never sell this guitar.
IMG_2444.jpg

Now I will admit I do not play "Stevie" out much///if ever, but this guitar has done thousands of gigs with me. I'm not kidding. It's worth nothing to anyone but me. It sounds amazing. Keeper....'nuff said".
Now...if we're talking #1 player....
I'll bet my #1 player....
IMG_2646.jpg

Til death do us part. I'll bet $300 to the animal charity of your choice if I sell her for anything other than lawyer fees to keep Kate.

One of the unexpected side effects of getting to interact with "Ned The Destroyer" and seeing his "Serenity" guitar is that I have finally begun to watch Seinfeld. I know I am about twenty years late on seeing the show, but when it first came out I was busy having too much fun to watch television.

Don't forget to watch episode number 2 which featured me prominantly!!!!
Lotsa TV appearances to my credit, but this was the only "Non-Reality one".

As Kramer would have said in the contest episode...

"I'm out" after about 5 minutes (switched from my NOS ME-1 to my PS to compare tones as I practice for my daughter's upcoming wedding!)

SERENITY NOW! And a very happy Festivus* to EVERYONE!!

*Edit....fixed spelling as per post below...you'd think I would know by now!

Last edited:
I am the master of the domain that has several guitars at hand that I play whenever I feel like it.
It is quite rare that I would go much more than a day using only one.

I could easily do it, if you will make an exception for switching if a client needs me to use a different guitar on a paying session.

I could easily do it

It's not supposed to be easy. If we can get a round together, I am sure I will have some explaining to do as to why I decided to show up with a red sparkled "girly" guitar for a root's-n-culture rasta session. It's about pushing your limits and making do with what you have. With that said I would love for you to join in!

I cant do it. Period! Im only faithful to my wife and thats it. I own 3 prs guitars with my 2011 cu24 being my fav for now. Would love a nice HB and a mccarty trem with 5708s. Hmmmmm.

Back