The Collection Part 3: SE Love time

Maybe I just got a lemon. Since PRS doesn't actually manufacture (Cor-Tek/Cort) these guitars. Mine is made in the Indonesia plant. I will confess there are a couple things I like about this guitar, the vibrato does stay in tune fairly well and it came with a good gig bag.
Ok, I'm gonna get serious here for a sec....why did you come here and unload a bunch of hyperbole? You can't judge an entire guitar maker by sampling one instrument.

Sometimes yes, you get a lemon, but I don't think it's fair to point the finger at the craftspeople at Coretek. I got a 35th that was not so hot out of the box, but I get it. This was right in the middle of the port fiasco. Those guys crank out so many quality guitars quite fast. I think they do very well considering. All my SEs are marvelously built and easily good enough to gig with professionally.

I got to also add...if you weren't sure about PRS to begin with, did you not take an SE for a test drive first? Anything PRS is good, but not everyone will gel with them. Did you have your SE setup? Sometimes that's all one is missing from gel-ing with a guitar.

I guess to conclude, sorry if you had a bad experience with an SE, but I have a feeling you never gave it a chance to begin with, and that's unfair.

World standard of gig bags... Oh, excuse me, that makes all the difference... Get a therapist.

Ok, I'm gonna get serious here for a sec....why did you come here and unload a bunch of hyperbole? You can't judge an entire guitar maker by sampling one instrument.

Sometimes yes, you get a lemon, but I don't think it's fair to point the finger at the craftspeople at Coretek. I got a 35th that was not so hot out of the box, but I get it. This was right in the middle of the port fiasco. Those guys crank out so many quality guitars quite fast. I think they do very well considering. All my SEs are marvelously built and easily good enough to gig with professionally.

I got to also add...if you weren't sure about PRS to begin with, did you not take an SE for a test drive first? Anything PRS is good, but not everyone will gel with them. Did you have your SE setup? Sometimes that's all one is missing from gel-ing with a guitar.

I guess to conclude, sorry if you had a bad experience with an SE, but I have a feeling you never gave it a chance to begin with, and that's unfair.
As I mentioned earlier, I played a few... A good friend owns a C2 which seemed...Good playing, but I didn't get a chance to plug it in... And now we're at "what amp are we plugged into???

Hi all
After the last two videos, which were er..on the indulgent side with Private Stocks and Modern Eagles and what not, I wanted to bring things back to reality with the SE part of my collection. Which I thoroughly love. I have always said PRS makes great guitars at any price-point and as functional instruments, SE's more than do the job. Also there is something magical about the older Made in Korea ones, which probably represent the best bang for buck for any guitar on the used market right now.

So here you go. In case you are wondering, the guitars featured are

- PRS SE Akesson
- PRS SE Akerfeldt
- PRS SE 277 Stealth Limited Edition
- PRS SE SVN Stealth Limited Edition upgraded with Bare Knuckle Warpigs
- PRS SE SVN upgraded with Bare Knuckle Silos
- PRS SE Santana Abraxas
- PRS SE Torero upgraded with Fishman Fluence Moderns

Here goes..

My main playing guitar is now an SE Paul’s. Also have a SE Bernie that has the tone of an R9! Love it!!

Maybe related question: I heard PRS ceased the Maryland inspection of all incoming SE guitars due to the pandemic. Can anyone confirm this? If so, is there a planned time to reinstate this?
Reason I ask: I ordered an SE Standard 24-08. transparent blue a couple of weeks ago, confident in receiving a quality, if entry level, instrument. This confidence is based on the videos of the inspection process in PRS publicity, including the big annual event held virtually last summer- mid-pandemic.
Just asking.

Maybe related question: I heard PRS ceased the Maryland inspection of all incoming SE guitars due to the pandemic. Can anyone confirm this? If so, is there a planned time to reinstate this?
Reason I ask: I ordered an SE Standard 24-08. transparent blue a couple of weeks ago, confident in receiving a quality, if entry level, instrument. This confidence is based on the videos of the inspection process in PRS publicity, including the big annual event held virtually last summer- mid-pandemic.
Just asking.
No idea.
That being said it occurs to me that PRS is the kind of company that does what they say they do.
And if it comes in less than ideal condition, the dealer will make it right.

Let it go…

KYuYOn4.jpg

Nice post @Utkarsh !

Just asking.
I don’t believe they did. As a matter of fact, I think they recently posted a video on YT of the process.

You come in both guns blazin' and want us to treat you like the experienced player you SAY you are? o_O

Good strategy. I mean, not one I'd choose, personally, but hey.
Actually, what I expected and hoped for was some useful Ideas to get better sound from these pickups. Like what amp type and circuitry these pups work best with. I did put some D'Addario 10's on it and set it up properly and that helped a lot with the sound and playability.
Peace

Back