thanks ptc

axe24

Just have to say thank you matt ur the best as well as your team of experts my guitar i just got back ,and what a job u guys pulled off.it looks brand new.so thanks to everyone at ptc.matt ur awesome,you are now on my Christmas list.

THATS IT IM SO DONE WITH MY PRS BLUE CAB FOG CUSTOM 24.THIS GUITAR IS MORE THEN CURSED,FROM DAY ONE WHEN I JUST BOUGHT IT.I JUST GOT IT BACK FROM PTC AND WHAT AN AWSOME JOB THEY DID.ALL UP TILL YESTERDAY WHEN TOOK IT OUT THE CASE AND PLUGGED IT INTO MY AMP,NOW IM FINISHED PLAYING SO LIKE I DO WITH ALL MY PRS GUITARS I GIVE IT A FRIENDLY WIPE DOWN AS I WAS DOING SO I HAD GOT HIT WITH SPINIAL TAP BAM I NOTICED A SMALL CHIP ALONG THE EDGE ,NOW MIND YOU LIKE I SAID I JUST GOT IT BACK FROM PTC TOO HAVE A COMPLETE SETUP AND FOR COSMETIC REPAIR,AND ONE THE GUITAR PLAYS LIKE A DREAM SUCH A GREAT JOB ON THE SETUP,HIGHLY RECOMEND ANYONE IN NEED OF SETUP SEND IT TOO PTC.OK NOW THEY ALLSO DID A FABULOS JOB ON THE REPAIR AS WELL I HAVE NO IDEA WHY THERE IS A CHIP ON IT,NOW DONT GET ME WRONG I AM NOT BLAMING ANYONE HERE AT PTC AT ALL,ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.BUT WHAT I DONT UNDERSTAND IS I OWN FOUR SE MODELS AND I CAN BANG THEM AROUND SO TO SPEAK AND HAVE NOT A SCRACTH ON THEM.I ONLY PLAY MY MD FOR RECORDIND ECT.SO I DONT PLAY IT ALL THAT MUCH......WITH THAT BEING SAID MY NEXT STEP IS TOO SEE IF PTC WILL REPAIR IT........THEN IAM PUTTING MY LOVE HATE GUITAR FOR SALE ON EBAY,THE GUITAR IS IN MINT CONDTION OR SHALL I SAY WOULD OF BEEN IN MINT COND,IF NOT FOR THAT LITTLE CRACK WHICH LOOKS LIKE ITS BEEN SPRAYED OVER IDK,IM NO EXPERT ......AND IM NOT TRYING TO SELL THE GUITAR ON THIS FORUME,SO DONT WRIGHT ME UP HANS LOL.IDK MAYBE A F DELUXE IS IN THE MACKING..........THANKS TOO ALL THAT READ THIS ........BTW IS THERE A CURE FOR CURSED GUITARS LOL........

I don't know either, but I'm going to be very careful with my guitars from now on...

"A lumbar puncture (or LP, and colloquially known as a spinal tap) is a diagnostic and at times therapeutic procedure that is performed to collect a sample of cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) for biochemical, microbiological, and cytological analysis, or very rarely as a treatment ("therapeutic lumbar puncture") to relieve increased intracranial pressure."

Seriously though Axe, just sounds like some bad luck. If you love the guitar, don't let a little "character" ruin it for you.

Seriously though Axe, just sounds like some bad luck. If you love the guitar, don't let a little "character" ruin it for you.

Agreed!!!! I used to try to keep my PRSi as mint as possible and still take very good care of them. However, I have become comfortable with the fact that they won't stay perfect forever. It's always heartbreaking to see it happen for the first time, but scratches and dings are going to happen. I actually just put a pretty gnarly scuff on my Custom 22 at practice on Sunday. I was pissed at first, but all in all, that guitar can still scream and still plays all the same.

I OWN FOUR SE MODELS AND I CAN BANG THEM AROUND SO TO SPEAK AND HAVE NOT A SCRACTH ON THEM.

The SE finish is MUCH thicker, takes the little hits alot better. The V2 as I have observed, and others before have commented, seems quite easy to chip and ding. I had a 2008 Mira that got scratched when you looked at it wrong. But thicker finish = more subtraction = bad for sound. So there's a price to be paid, but I am sure that you know that already.

Noone is more paranoid about scratching their guitars than I am...trust me...but you will miss her. You can tell your kids the stories someday. Or ship her to me so I can see the chip firsthand ;)

Good luck whatever you decide.

I had sworn off black guitars before I bought mine. They show every little dent and ding and chip and crack and scratch and fingerprint. I had this Gretsch that was solid black, so beautiful but I found I wouldn't play it. Didn't want to have to wipe it down after each time.

But my black guitar was the best playing and sounding of the bunch, and I tried dozens of guitars. So, I bought it, and I swore that I'd never clean it, and every bump and bruise and fingerprint was a sign of the solid use I intended to put into it. It was liberating, and I don't even remember half of the cosmetic crap it now shows. Whatever, each one is a love story. Coming up on 7 years in this lust affair. I actively seek out black guitars now.

I don't know either, but I'm going to be very careful with my guitars from now on...

"A lumbar puncture (or LP, and colloquially known as a spinal tap) is a diagnostic and at times therapeutic procedure that is performed to collect a sample of cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) for biochemical, microbiological, and cytological analysis, or very rarely as a treatment ("therapeutic lumbar puncture") to relieve increased intracranial pressure."

i do love that guitar thats the best prs i own.sounds great fife tones that are all awsome,but for some reason which im not sure of it seems there is always needing some kind of cosmetic work this will be the big three if i send it back too the craft masters at ptc.my god i just got it back after two months.very upseting i dont even know what happened too it ,i got it back i played it one time and the funny thing is i did not use a pick cause i didnt want to put a scracth on it.....im tellin ya this guitar is CURSED BIG TIME.....LOL

The SE finish is MUCH thicker, takes the little hits alot better. The V2 as I have observed, and others before have commented, seems quite easy to chip and ding. I had a 2008 Mira that got scratched when you looked at it wrong. But thicker finish = more subtraction = bad for sound. So there's a price to be paid, but I am sure that you know that already.

Noone is more paranoid about scratching their guitars than I am...trust me...but you will miss her. You can tell your kids the stories someday. Or ship her to me so I can see the chip firsthand ;)

Good luck whatever you decide.
OK MY FRIEND ,PM ME YOUR ADDRESS AND I WILL SHIP IT TOO YOU AND YOU CAN TELL ME YOUR THOUGHT OF WHAT HAPPEND ECT....LOL WELL ITS LIKE THIS HAD THIS HAPPEND A FEW MONTHS DOWN THE ROAD ,AFTER COUNTLESS HOURS OF PLAYING ,I WOULD TAKE MY LUMBS BUT KEEP IN MIND I JUST GOT THIS AXE BACK A FEW DAYS AGO ........GOT TO LOVE PRS.

IM NOT WORRIED IM SURE PTC WILL HANDLE THIS MATTER THE BEST WAY THEY KNOW HOW.....PTC HAS ALWAYS BEEN REAL GOOD WITH ME .AS WELL AS OTHERS IM SURE.THEY ARE INDEED THE BEST IN THE BEUSNESS.

IM NOT WORRIED IM SURE PTC WILL HANDLE THIS MATTER THE BEST WAY THEY KNOW HOW.....PTC HAS ALWAYS BEEN REAL GOOD WITH ME .AS WELL AS OTHERS IM SURE.THEY ARE INDEED THE BEST IN THE BEUSNESS.
MAYBE THEY OVER LOOKED IT ACCENDENTLY...IDK

If this is a new (different) spot, then it is unlikely that PTC overlooked it. I'm still trying to figure out the spinal tap comment.

Maybe he bumped the guitar against the caps lock key... :eek:

Seriously, axe, I totally get the not wanting to have any flaw on the guitar (and believe me, when I bang one, I do not follow this advice for quite a while), but if the guitar sounds that good, don't sweat some dings and scratches. It's not a flaw - it's your story written on the guitar.

Try to learn the life lesson that "cursed" guitar is attempting to teach you... I wouldn't think about letting go of such a unique guitar as that one is, even if it is somewhat blue... you'll never find another.

Back