Refinish done at PTC

Bmwtech113

I purchased this Custom 24 used back in January. It was listed as excellent condition with no mentions of any finish issues. Well when I received it there were multiple issues. A few dings, scratches and even finish cracks where the bridge was touching the body because the seller loosened the strings before shipping.
I played the guitar anyway and with the unique specs(Brazilian fb, \m/ pickups, and 3-way switch) I couldn’t return it.
So I got a partial refund and immediately starting talking to the PTC about a refinish. I sent the guitar to PRS at the beginning of February and I just received it back today.
Wow, what an amazing job the PTC team has done. The finish looks brand new. I even had them route the body for an up-trem like a Tremonti signature model is. The stain is lighter than it was originally but this color varies quite a bit between different guitars I’ve seen.
I highly recommend the PTC. It was definitely worth the wait.

A couple of before and after photos:

Looks amazing! Out of curiosity, when PTC do a full body refin, do they rewrite the serial on the back of the headstock or do they leave the original in place?

The extra space for trem movement is always a good call... PTC is the best option for sure. Always better to have the manufacturer work on it, since it came from there.

The extra space for trem movement is always a good call... PTC is the best option for sure. Always better to have the manufacturer work on it, since it came from there.
Of course it’s not a Floyd Rose, but with this guitar having the Metal pickups, I thought it made sense to have the up-trem cutout.

Back