Taller bridge-pickup mounting ring for Stripped 58?

Going Modal

I should be practicing right now.
Hey, all--

I've got a Stripped 58 with 57/08 pickups that's pretty nice all-around (it's also previously owned by another member here, too!). However, in order for the pickups to be properly height-adjusted and balanced, the bridge pickup seems to be sticking up relatively high out of its pickup ring. I've seen this on other PRS 245-scale singlecut models, as well...

My question is this: Does anybody know of some PRS-accessory (or other brand) humbucker rings that would perhaps make this look a little more balanced? (You know, how like that "G" brand dual-humbucker single-cut guitar has a taller bridge-pickup ring?) I have every indication that the pickup rings currently on my guitar are factory-original, and they're both the same-height, standard cream ones.

Thanks!

They started doing a taller bridge pickup ring a couple years ago, but they don't seem to sell them aftermarket. It's just a cosmetic, though. I actually like the short ring on the bridge pickup of my 594; it adds less bulk and shows more of the nice nickel cover.

Like ViperDoc said, you can use Gibby rings instead.

They started doing a taller bridge pickup ring a couple years ago, but they don't seem to sell them aftermarket. It's just a cosmetic, though. I actually like the short ring on the bridge pickup of my 594; it adds less bulk and shows more of the nice nickel cover.

Like ViperDoc said, you can use Gibby rings instead.

Yeah, think I might just get those StewMac or Gibson rings. Truth is, the 57/08 bridge pickup had its brushed-nickel cover, which looked okay from the sides; but I wanted the uncovered-bridge-pickup look (inadvertently, it's the Tremonti signature look) so now I'm looking at the exposed pickup sides with black tape over the pickup windings.

Here it is with the brief-lived 59/09 treble pickup; the stock 57/08 is now back in there "au naturale" and basically looking similar.
uTCdslbh.jpg

Back