Switchcraft switch for SE 245

kipkohl

The stock switch in my SE 245 has been problematic so today I wired in a Switchcraft 3 way toggle. I was prepared to ream out the hole:)rolleyes:), as I'd heard the Switchcraft barrel is bigger, but alas, it fit without reamification, AND.......it may just be perceptive bias, but I think the guitar sounds better.
If anyone has been dithering about doing this, just do it! I'm a terrible solderer, but I watched a vid on soldering a Switchcraft switch, took my time, and violle, an SE 245 with a switch that works.

Changing out the 3-way toggle was one of the first thigs I had to do to my SE245. I used a Core PRS Switch with the same results as you. Although I will admit I have been doing soldering since I was 10 or so. The hard part was replacing the wire from the switch to the control cavity.

The stock switch in my SE 245 has been problematic so today I wired in a Switchcraft 3 way toggle. I was prepared to ream out the hole:)rolleyes:), as I'd heard the Switchcraft barrel is bigger, but alas, it fit without reamification, AND.......it may just be perceptive bias, but I think the guitar sounds better.
If anyone has been dithering about doing this, just do it! I'm a terrible solderer, but I watched a vid on soldering a Switchcraft switch, took my time, and violle, an SE 245 with a switch that works.

Pics or it’s one of the switches that used to be in Junction boxes to change railway tracks!;)

Or a Hello Kitty switch!

Pics or it’s one of the switches that used to be in Junction boxes to change railway tracks!;)

Or a Hello Kitty switch!

You crack me up! Here's a cheesecake photo of my super sexy switch.

mtVtXWM.jpg

Oooh....sexy switch huh? Nothing gets yer rhythm pickup activated like switchcraft. There ya go, new business slogan.

Back