DGT SE Wiring Diagram?

CandidPicker

Tone Matters. Use It Well.
Hi,

While trying to replace my DGT SE 3-Way toggle with something else (Switchcraft 3-way), it was discovered that the harness/solder lugs are different for both the existing DGT SE and Switchcraft toggle. I tried wiring/soldering the existing wires the same way they disassembled. My DGT SE's continuity is fine (checked with a multimeter), but the guitar no longer passes signal from humbucker to output jack.

It may have been that the hot red wires that connect the volume knobs to the outside toggle harness lugs were switched around inadvertently. First thing tomorrow, that will be checked and tested before considering pulling the Switchcraft (no pun intended.)

Rather than try upgrade to the Switchcraft as was planned, my hope is now to remove the Switchcraft and replace it with the original toggle. The reason for doing so is re-enable the functionality of the original switch. The Switchcraft is posing too many issues at this writing to be viable for my DGT SE, unless rewiring the red leads solves the problem.

Does anyone have access to a current DGT SE wiring diagram so my work will correspond to factory specs? (The core DGT uses a right-angle 3-way toggle, the SE a standard toggle).

Thanks in advance. Was somewhat frustrated by repeated attempts to insure nothing was incorrectly wired nor shorting out. Just couldn't enable my DGT SE to pass signal to my amp.

Last edited:
I could only find the schematic for the core DGT. Maybe try emailing PRS tech support. support.prsguitars.com. They were able to help me with wiring on the rotary pickup selector in my old Custom 22.

I could only find the schematic for the core DGT. Maybe try emailing PRS tech support. support.prsguitars.com. They were able to help me with wiring on the rotary pickup selector in my old Custom 22.
Thanks. The PRS website has just about everything except the DGT SE wiring diagram...will contact them this evening...

Well,

This noontime, it was noted that the Switchcraft wiring harness lugs are situated on different ends than the proprietary DGT SE switch. After trying to reverse the red lead wires (thinking they may have caused a short) with the Switchcraft, it was decided to replace the Switchcraft with the original switch, and electrical tape the lower side of the conductive interior cavity paint.

The repair was successful. The original switch went back in, the wires reconnected correctly, and although not the prettiest piece of work, the 3-way DGT SE switch now works correctly and does not cut/short out intermittently.

The likely reason the guitar failed to pass signal before was that the heavy harness lug was on the near side of the Switchcraft, which meant the white lead and capacitor wire should have connected to the far lugs. The black ground wires would have connected to the near side heavy lug.

When one views the DGT SE & Switchcraft 3-way toggle, you can see the visible difference between the two switches. I'd normally post an image, but my feeling is that it's done and time to move on...

PTC was contacted last night, but since the repair was successful, their help is not needed at this time.

I told you bud. It’s simple once you understand output and ground. But it’s different than SE wiring.

I told you bud. It’s simple once you understand output and ground. But it’s different than SE wiring.
You were correct. The heavy lug would have connected to black wire ground. The thing that threw me was that the heavy lugs are on opposite sides when one compares the DGT SE and Switchcraft toggles.

The white and capacitor wire had been connected to the Switchcraft heavy lug (and voila, no signal). Had I needed anything new it would have been a DGT SE proprietary 3-way switch, simply because the capacitor wire was not long enough to reach the far thin lugs. A logistics problem that Switchcraft should consider building for specific cases, like this one...

The intermittent short was likely caused by where the DGT SE heavy (far) ground lug made contact with the conductive paint. That problem is also solved.

Back