Sweet Little EG-3 (Incoming)

Mine looks exactly like yours. Ha, I've never seen (or heard of) one with creme colors before now. (And I prefer the black for sure.)
Still want photos?

A few glamour shots, as promised.

I've only played it plugged-in for a few minutes. Still dialing-in the set-up so no tone report to offer just yet. It reminds me a lot of my NF3.

It's pretty hard to get the blue in the pearl to show up. It is doing a wonderful job of making the aged white base-coat look more ivory than yellow.

1993_PRS_EG3_Front_Body_zpslmtkxlvp.jpg

1993_PRS_EG3_Top_zpsnibvfccu.jpg

1993_PRS_EG3_Gold_Fralin_Dominos_zpshbtqb8hy.jpg

1993_PRS_EG3_Back_Body_zps9nx7lq6g.jpg

1993_PRS_EG3_Serial_Number_zpsmw5vnmud.jpg

1993_PRS_EG3_Headstock_zpsoikzrsyi.jpg

1993_PRS_EG3_Back_Headstock_zps7vfywwtt.jpg

1993_PRS_EG3_Fretboard_zpsvihqi2nd.jpg

TOTALLY digging this guitar. Superb find!

OK. Trying to start a new thread, but I can't figure out how to upload my photos. Links and Media buttons both ask for URLs and offer no other choice. Really?
Sorry. New guy here, so I'm still learnin' the ropes...

OK. Trying to start a new thread, but I can't figure out how to upload my photos. Links and Media buttons both ask for URLs and offer no other choice. Really?
Sorry. New guy here, so I'm still learnin' the ropes...

The pics need to come from an image hosting site like Flickr, Photobucket, etc. They're free. Once you upload to the hosting site, you can copy/paste your pics into a post.

It showed-up safely in Germany today.

It looks fantastic but needs a fret-polish and set-up for my tastes. I'll get it squared-away tonight (I hope) and try to get some outside photos tomorrow evening.

This guitar has a few interesting things going on. The first number in the serial number indicated that it is a '93 but the later numbers are late in the '94 range. If it were a true '93, it would have a Mann-made trem. This one has an Excel-made 2-piece trem, as many '94's do. That leads me to believe that it was started in '93 and finished in '94. We see this split serial number quite often in the early guitars - where serial numbers are written by hand. It makes me wonder how/when the neck-plates were engraved for the EG's.

I have dropped an email to Orkie. I'll let you know what he says.
Glad to see that the guitar arrived safely and assuming it was shipped from the US, rather quickly. I was not into PRS guitars in the 90's and had no idea that they made a guitar like this one. Congrats and thanks for the history lesson.

Is that a new Headstock Veneer or did you brush it somehow? Still the cleanest EG I've ever seen. Sparking some GAS for one...although I don't recommend truly sparking gas unless in a well ventilated area.

I should clarify. The headstock does have a brushed finish but it is stock. I didn't add it.

Back