Swappin' Chassis

Tucson Thump

Mint Heavy Relic
Just curious.

On the higher end amps could you take a combo chassis and put it into a head enclosure?

a) if a same model chassis, like taking a Custom 50 combo chassis and putting into a Custom 50 head enclosure ( let's not ask why please, just entertain my thought)

b) if a different chassis, like taking a HX/DA chassis and putting it into a head enclosure for a 25th Anniversary (since both have top mounted controls)

i.e. are some of the amp chassis measurements the same whether in a combo or a head enclosure?

Could it be done within the limitations of "front mounted controls" vs "top mounted controls"

Thanks
Mark

I'd wager they were for the 50, it would make the most sense to make one model of amp and change the cabinet.

Although some models have to have the control panel inverted due to the tubes going up in the heads instead of down. The Archon 50 is an example of this.

I think the answer is yes for the same model, but I could be wrong. I have not physically tried it but I have looked at both versions of my Custom 50 and it sure looks like everything is in the same place. It would make business sense. You just build up the frames and then put them in which ever cabinet has the demand.

I think the answer for (a) would be yes. I seem to recall Boogie doing a combo chassis into a head, and posting here about it. Had to be 2 or 3 years ago. At least it feels like it was that long. Could have been last week! :p

Back