Best place to list?

nussbajh

So this is how I change away from “New Member”
This past year I’ve been looking to upgrade my amps and was successful in landing an HXDA 50 head and 4x12 cab, and an Archon 50/25 (stock with EL34) and 2x12 cab. I love the sounds I’m getting from both and do not regret the decision to lose a couple of guitars to find the venture.

Now, I have to figure out what to do with my old combo amps. I have Archon, HXDA, and Custom 20 combo amps I’m looking to move, and have never sold an amp before. I could do Reverb or EBay , or sell them to Guitar Center or a local shop, but is there a better alternative. Selling to a local shop may be my preference as I am not sure I want to tackle packaging and shipping.

Anyone have input on the amp sales experience?

If you had N HX/DA and Archon, why the new ones? Are they combos?

Where are you located?

All my old amps were 1x12 combos and I was looking for a different format even though I liked the amp. The new amps are heads, and the cabinets are 2x12 and 4x12. I also had the opportunity to get the HXDA in paisley, which I always wanted. Not a huge change, I agree, but I liked the amps for the most part.

I’m in the Charlotte, NC area.

Use both. Last week I listed both a PRS and a Taylor guitar on both Reverb and Ebay. Although I got a lot of low ball offers, eventually I got close to what I wanted on Reverb for the Taylor. The PRS is still listed.

All my old amps were 1x12 combos and I was looking for a different format even though I liked the amp. The new amps are heads, and the cabinets are 2x12 and 4x12. I also had the opportunity to get the HXDA in paisley, which I always wanted. Not a huge change, I agree, but I liked the amps for the most part.

I’m in the Charlotte, NC area.
Theoretically speaking, of course, what would you list the C20 combo for?

This past year I’ve been looking to upgrade my amps and was successful in landing an HXDA 50 head and 4x12 cab, and an Archon 50/25 (stock with EL34) and 2x12 cab. I love the sounds I’m getting from both and do not regret the decision to lose a couple of guitars to find the venture.

Now, I have to figure out what to do with my old combo amps. I have Archon, HXDA, and Custom 20 combo amps I’m looking to move, and have never sold an amp before. I could do Reverb or EBay , or sell them to Guitar Center or a local shop, but is there a better alternative. Selling to a local shop may be my preference as I am not sure I want to tackle packaging and shipping.

Anyone have input on the amp sales experience?
Try Facebook. There is Marketplace as well as a lot of local guitar buy, sell, and trade groups there. After Reverb started charging sales tax, I do a lot on Facebook. I still cross-post on Craigslist occasionally with some success. You have to weed out the spam scams etc but there are still a few decent buyers that watch Craigslist.

Back