Super Eagle thread

npg1brczaepc0xzf70fo.jpg

ajai8v4ko7b7cxummcmc.jpg

nk899ftey6wmpmd1g7ks.jpg

mwmaceidxjkdo364hmya.jpg

Through PRS’ relationship with John Mayer, PRS are happy to host this auction for this very limited PRS Early "Super Eagle" Prototype Electric Guitar in which 100% of the proceeds will benefit the patients and families of John’s Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center.

This specific guitar is an early prototype and served a unique purpose in the early stages of development between Paul and John to achieve the sound and feel of what the Super Eagle would eventually evolve into. This is a one-of-a-kind prototype guitar with distinctive specifications that sets it apart from the original 100 pc. Private Stock Super Eagle limited run.

https://reverb.com/item/15628648-pr...to-benefit-johns-hopkins-kimmel-cancer-center

I am not a fan of the 3 full size Humbuckers on a guitar. I don't particularly like this on Gibson's (like the Black Beauty) either so its nothing personal. To me it looks too cluttered with not enough space in between each PU for my taste. If the PRS Special 22 had gone with a full size HB in the middle, I don't think I would be looking to add it to my collection. The Narrowfield on the other hand is just about the max size I would personally want.

Of course that's personal opinion and others may have different opinions on this. This is just how I feel and would personally be put off from owning a guitar like this although would happily listen to Musicians (like John Mayer) take full advantage of a guitar built this way.

Back