Stumbled into another core Mira this weekend...

Jimi D

@ the hundredth meridian
I was just innocently browsing the local Kijiji and saw someone wanted to trade a Mira for a tube amp... and don't I have a tube amp down in the basement collecting dust... and what do you know they're interested... and voila!

08Mira7.jpg

So this is my second 2008 Mira core, in Vintage Mahogany, all stock... it's been played but it's in great condition with virtually no fretwear and only a couple miniscule marks and some buffable swirls on the body... at 7lbs 2oz she's about 9 ounces heavier than my Vintage Cherry Mira from the same year.

It was set up a bit odd, and I spent a couple hours restringing it and getting everything set up properly. I wasn't pleased at all with the result until I adjusted the pickups; I'd forgotten how much of a difference a couple turns of the screwdriver can make with these Mira pups!

Honestly, I thought I would just grab this deal and use the guitar as trade bait for something else - amps are harder to move and I had less than $500 in this one so it was an easy trade up for me... but now I've got it all set up I don't want to let it go! Guess I'll have to keep it around for a while; I don't really need another Mira, but it's tuned to Eb right now so it's useful that way. If nothing else, it takes up less space than the amp did... Why do these have to be such great guitars?

Sweet! I recently joined the Multi-Mira club as well, loving every second of it!

Out of curiosity, what amp did you trade for it?

Out of curiosity, what amp did you trade for it?
A Fender Super Sonic 22... I picked that up in a trade for a guitar I grabbed for $475... It was a pretty cool amp- a little noisy - but I prefer my Mesa Express 2:25+ in pretty much every way (well, the Super Sonic's "fat" boost was nice)...

Great guitar, I absolutely love the old-school Miras! Congrats!!

Really starting to GAS for a Mira to replace my Standard 24 I had to sell last year. Great pickup, there are some out there for great deals.

I love my old Mira. It`s got the scars of good use, and still thrills me. I even have Mira pickups in My Tremonti SE Custom. They`re very underrated, especially when tapped.

Last edited:
I love my old Mira. It`s got the scars of good use, and still thrills me. I even have Mira pickups in My Trremonti SE Custom. They`re very underrated, especially when tapped.
Ya, I'm a big fan of the Mira for a straight ahead gig guitar... the coil tap works very well for me and I really like using it for switching between rhythm and lead modes - I don't have to touch anything else!

While my Custom 22 has continued to be my main guitar, my '07 Mira sees a lot of use. It's actually got a better recorded tone than the CU22 IMHO. I love how the two are just similar enough to be interchangeable, yet different enough to warrant having both.

A big fan of the Mira. Weighs in at bantamweight but punches like a heavyweight. I have a 25th Anniversary Mira 245 with P-90s and it definitely holds its own against the others.

nec_IF0hV16reYoAWjwDQ6_rm-YVLAhBJcuvl-DGzCrAnDGwyuJPxT5fCehKwyRA27Y6awP3juXYQsQymfLyCHLNMwJ3z-i3mIAwMj7-H-cEoEm7anZzXs7sMFPg5s7WH0EvI39QzTAsbb9MsnkL_H38esnE8bBApm6HcFrrKmd8E5Ifs_Mvre4gUDDoEsdEeF68Otblwq3ze-PXHYSIC4TZ479NST74RPi5u7w6KoklXIHgA-n6F2zId7i6U_wOml9tWb5q9y8UF8KIjNCJwv5JH7gGegRl5mWiRGpSeZIz95_FVb5jtyfPvB5NjRlBq1bmBcTuAfbatQxtNU1jyA0gnn4vAel3h7sfZYfOEvWlbk9A52vtgqmSrRwkdnP8-e81LlRd4KZ1sttrA8FHifOHIETuYqgW0UGCFUKWpnT4gWkfPatkGNg1C_KzBZSBr8V4GEHr2e8K5iNaGT_U0kGWigOB1dJETGODyxaap1mWJ8VDdHy248K_3NwxNxrczY8nJphvbpskoGGMECiuPVdWNfnZs3ksrII6LdWf6T9Bf7JQ4wwkhi4wygPpdjUPTWzW=w649-h932-no

Back