Studs that will also fit Tone Pros wraparound (SE Akesson)

rardyrard

So I just got a second hand PRS SE Akesson sig shipped. Looks like this is going to be wonderful guitar.
However the wrench to adjust the bridge height is missing. And its hard to find apparently. Warwick Germany actually sells it (im in the EU) for €2 but then charges €17 for shipping ....
Sent an email to tonepros but they don't seem responsive.

Ive seen in this forum the bridge is a pita to deal with. Threads with similar questions that die with no answers...

One thing I have been wondering is if there are locking studs of other wraparound bridges or even tailpieces that would do the job just fine as well ...
For instance getting the Schroeder studs have a system the makes the height adjustable from the top. No more worrying about that weird proprietary wrench that you may end up losing anyway and start all over again...

Or these Chinese studs from eBay:

Wouldn't M8 threads simply do the job and all have the same diameter in all the other areas of the stud? They seem like standard metric studs only difference is you have to watch for height adjustable.

An alternative route I've been exploring also is to find a thin enough spanner wrench that is 12mm to no avail ....

Honestly, I’ve been playing and loving my Akesson for 7-8 years and don’t have the wrench either. Those singlecuts are rock solid, the adjustments I’ve needed to make over the years are mostly just minor truss rod tweaks. On the couple occasions I’ve done the bridge, I just do it when I change strings.

Of course, if you still think you need the wrench or new studs, go for it, just my experience.

Great point that life is possible without that wrench haha.
But yeah I'd still quite enjoy being able to adjust the height without taking the strings off, even if I'd ever do it a couple of times in my lifetime.

Or knowing that I have studs of which the height is quite easily adjustable if I want to. So I must say really curious if generic metric locking studs with adjustable height are a solution.

The main concern, other than the threads and diameter are correct, is if they have the right size opening to fit the thickness of the bridge itself. If so, I think that would work.

Back