Hi! I have a PRS SE One, my guitar tech changed its radius to 12 and installed Jescar 57110 frets. Now the problem is that the radius of its wraparound bridge is 10. And it is not easy to change its radius without causing problems with strings slipping in the grooves and making noises. So, I have two options:

1. Keep the bridge at a radius of 10 (I would use it with tonepros locking studs). Would that little mismatch be noticeable?

2. Replace the bridge with a Graphtech Resomax 1:

What do you find most interesting? I use .011 in normal tuning (E). I like low strings, I try to use 1.2mm (treble side) and 1.6mm (bass side) on all my guitars.

Thanks.

I'm no help but its an interesting problem that's happened. Was the radius change your choice? I'm kinda confused by the fretboard radius and fret radius difference.

Hi!

Yes, it was my choice, I like the flatter radius, all my guitars have the same radius and the same frets.

I'm thinking the difference will be very small on the bridge, but I'm not sure...

Hi!

Yes, it was my choice, I like the flatter radius, all my guitars have the same radius and the same frets.

I'm thinking the difference will be very small on the bridge, but I'm not sure...
I think your best bet is to try it and see before making any other changes. If you set it up to get good action without buzzing on the 1st and 6th strings, the middle strings will be slightly higher than they would be on a bridge with a matched radius. However, I'd think this would be a pretty small difference, and not drastically affect your playing.
It's an interesting choice, to modify the radius - I never thought of doing that. If I played it and didn't like the neck/fretboard, I just wouldn't have bought that guitar

Option 3:
Buy an adjustable wraptail from PRS, MannMade USA, or Schroeder. They all have raw brass saddles, so have your luthier radius the saddles for your 12" board.

The Resomax looks pretty good though.

The mismatch may be no problem. It's a subtle difference, but your middle strings might run a tad higher than ideal. Only one way to find out for sure...

Back