Strings?

Lola

❤️guitar
Which size strings do you find you use the most?

I have played with 8’s and they are not substantial enough. Just too pliable for me. I have also tried 10’s and didn’t like them. I finally settled on Gibson Vintage 9/42’s. My go to strings. Love ‘em. Wouldn’t trade them for anything else. My bends are crystal clear and strings allow me to do what I need to do to pull off all the stuff I play!

What are yours?

I played 9s for years, and enough people talked about thicker = better tone, so I tried 10s. Now that's pretty much all I use with a couple exceptions - my CU24 is 9.5s, DGT is 11s, and I have a couple that have 9s. And Elixir Optiwebs or PRS strings.

10-46 D’addario for electric and 11-52 bags n acoustic.

I started using 10’s in early ‘90s and have done so since then.

9.5 PRS strings on all my PRS guitars, except the Mira which will be 9.5's at next restring.
Ernie Ball 9's on my Axis, 10s on my JP12BRF.
9's on most of the others.

I'm 11 type of a guy. Tuning to Eb. For past several years I was using Daddario 11-50 balanced tension but lately started changing the bass E with .054 for extra bounce.

I like to buy my strings in bulk but couldn't get deal on my usual ones so I went with standard Daddario EXL115. They are 11-49 I think. Got Bulk Shop package of 25 sets so it should keep me in the game for a year I hope.

Back