Straplocks

Mike Duncan

DGT Player
So, last night I took my Schallers off my Goldtop DGT - for the second time...is this a mental condition? After the Experience, with the exception of Davy K, everyone seemed to be happy with the standard P-Bass string guide PRS strap thingys.

What are the rest of you all doing?

I bought some Dunlops, but the screws were bigger than the factory screws and wouldn't work with each other. I also wasn't about to make those holes bigger...that sounds wrong.

I like the stock strap buttons and have had zero problem with them for the past 21 years.

Then again, I had zero problems with the stock strap buttons on Gibsons for the 25 years before that. so maybe I'd have to jump around a lot or something to make the strap fall off...

I have the dunlops on my gtrs and yes it was a scary tight fit, but the screws went in without spliting the wood. I am a die hard, old school dunlop fan, so they will be there as long as I own the gtrs ( my lifetime ). It was a SCARY install though. If I order another, I will have PRS do it for me prior to shipping from the factory. At your own risk.......SCARY!

I use Dunlop Strap Locks on every guitar, it's one of those things that I do right away. There are 2 things I do to all of my PRS guitars and installing strap locks is one, the other is to add indicators to the knobs.

I have no problem with the stock strap buttons but I do use and swear by Schaller Straplocks. I usually us a piece of felt I cut in a circle as padding underneath the button before screwing it on.

I use Schallers, mainly to preserve the nitro finish on my guitars but also to prevent damage to my guitars at gigs.

Davy Knowles never used to use Schallers, just the standard buttons, but I see he’s switched now. Probably for the same reasons as me :top:

Straplocks by Schaller on all of my guitars except for the little Fernandes one.
I use it without a strap.

I also use the guitars stock screws, they work fine.

Schallers on just about every guitar I own...

I also typically use the original strap button screws...

Jamie

On that felt circle, all three of the SE guitars I bought came with them.
I reused them with the Schallers.

Going to soon try the planet waves Elliptical end pins.will let you know.

I've tried a Schallers, Dunlop, and Loxx. I always seem to go back to the stock strap buttons on all of my guitars, not just the PRS.

I've never had a problem with the stock buttons and I like the look of them better. Maybe it is a mental issue with seeing the Schaller unit on the end of the strap swinging towards the guitar that scares me.

Schallers on almost everything.... Little lock smith graphite so they don't squeak. ;)

Grolsh washer on the R9 because Schaller screws are the wrong size. There is a fix where you grind down a the stock screw head but I just haven't done it. :D
711c7bb6.jpg

On the PRS the stock buttons are SO GOOD I haven't really messed with it. But when I get back to Gigging, I'll likeley put some Schallers on it. ;)

Schallers on all of mine w/the original PRS screw. Never suffered any damage having a strap pop off, but I've had it happen. Don't know what Gary Moore (Mother's Finest version) was using on his at Experience, but his strap popped off early in their set.

Back