Steve Fischer Angelus - NUGD

Per Paul .. all US made Acoustics are Private Stocks .. not always ...but that is currently true .. and from a quality level I'd agree

Per Paul .. all US made Acoustics are Private Stocks .. not always ...but that is currently true .. and from a quality level I'd agree

That makes sense. From my understanding, it was only a branding name change once they realized people would mostly custom order them at that price. I'm hoping to make it over there soon now that we're back in MD.

The Fischers had carbon fiber beams , and Paul considers those PS . The standard US models adopted adjustable truss rods in 2012.
So if you see a US made Angelus or Tonare without a truss rod cover , for a reasonable price .. SNAG IT .. they make changing tunings during a set a breeze , always rock stable.

For me it was worth the hunt , the standard adjustable truss rod is still an amazing instrument , but the Steve Fischers with the carbon beam are better for me tuning down , super stable no matter the weather. Steve of course moved on and has since refined his bracing , and added a few models, the prices are reasonable and well worth it .. https://stevefischerguitars.com/

As a sound man 3 nights a week I EQ a LOT of acoustics, IMO Taylors are the easiest due to their great onboard eq , K&K are very good and transparent , like the PRS and all I've run across need external EQ. Once that's settled , I'll put my PRS's against anything.. and have and they always shine. The most consitent comments .. " I didn't know they make Acoustics, and well of course they are amazing "

Last edited:
I have a 2010 model. I got it in a trade but it has been played.

Not mint by any means but I LOVE it. I just can't get over how easy it is to plays and intonation is spot on everywhere.

Previous owner put locking tuners on it. Was told drop in , no mods.

I was going to buy original tuners for it but I've grown to like these lockers.

Back