Steve Fischer Angelus - NUGD

RedGuitars

Thread killer
92-BB7-D01-D0-A7-496-C-A462-760-BB5-B3-FC7-E.jpg

Tell me about these…. Are they core versions of the current PS Angelus?

Tell me about these…. Are they core versions of the current PS Angelus?
Essentially, yes. Kinda. The PS line usually has/had a few nicer appointments, and the Core line was dropped because most people ordering a "fine acoustic instrument" from PRS decided they could afford the PS upgrades. But the Fischers were the first foray into Core Acoustics, IIRC, and often had some really nice wood combos.

Essentially, yes. Kinda. The PS line usually has/had a few nicer appointments, and the Core line was dropped because most people ordering a "fine acoustic instrument" from PRS decided they could afford the PS upgrades. But the Fischers were the first foray into Core Acoustics, IIRC, and often had some really nice wood combos.
This one Adirondack spruce too, Cocobolo back/sides, maple neck.

I've owned both a PS and my recent "Steve Fischer" Angelus with a Euro Spruce top and highly figured "curly" mahogany. I prefer this one, which is every bit of any PS I've ever played, minus the bling. I'm not one much for all the extra abalone, etc., so it's a perfect fit for me. Soon I'll be on the hunt for one of the cocobolo models like yours!

Also, I don't think I've ever had an acoustic with such a stable neck! I've been swapping strings finding what works best, which usually has me tweaking the truss rod, but this is rock solid. Was talking to Tony McManus this week about his setup, which is quite low with 13-56 sets. I'm at .50mm at the 1st fret and 2mm at the 12th (low E) and there's no buzzing anywhere.

Back