Stereo guitar amps

Hmmm... what about two Vox MV50s with cabs. Place the heads and one cab stage right, the other cab stage left. Could be good. Control both amps from one spot, get a wide spread. And portable!

I owned a GK stereo amp setup in the 80's for playing all that shimmering chorus laden Nu-Wave crap. I ended up stacking them in one place instead of spread on each side of the stage, it just wouldn't cut thru the mix that way.

*The fact of the matter is: It NEVER comes across in a live/stage situation and having your sound in one location is by far more controllable for you and the sound tech. The only time it sounds cool is when you're playing by yourself in the garage with a delay pedal pretending you're Andy Summers.o_O

......... that's right you buncha guitargeeks, I'm back.:cool:

Sweet! Glad to have you back!

I've been playing stereo rigs for years....or chasing it, been through alot of stuff, Rolands, dual Quilter heads, there's just not much out there that can be setup quickly without carrying tons of gear and sounds good live (imo). Played a Fender Cyber Twin the longest (8 years) great amp for stereo. For me, I found it to be the best sounding and most versatile. Only used a few effects it had to offer but used the midi control capability a lot. Then I found the Yamaha THR100HD..... two completely different pre and power amps in one with full stereo effects loops (series or parallel) stereo XLR outs that will accept IRs and sooooo many other features. This is my main rig now and happy to have it !!! I don't really care if the audience can hear the stereo effect....I can...... but you'd be surprised at the people that do.

Back