Starting a business...now?

On a serious note: unless what you were doing competes with PRS, then I don’t know why it would be wrong for you to tell us about

On a serious note: unless what you were doing competes with PRS, then I don’t know why it would be wrong for you to tell us about
Is it about my biz? Not much to talk about yet, as the sale is terminated until I build up the stock. The website is wiped clean, and I suspect I will get it operational sometime next week. Here's my IG https://www.instagram.com/fortknobsaudio/

I don't compete in any way with PRS :) I make and sell pedalboard and rack accessories. Essentially anything a rig builder, studio, or touring musician may need.

Last edited:
Is it about my biz? Not much to talk about yet, as the sale is terminated until I build up the stock. The website is wiped clean, and I suspect I will get it operational sometime next week. Here's my IG https://www.instagram.com/fortknobsaudio/

I don't compete in any way with PRS :) I make and sell pedalboard and rack accessories. Essentially anything a rig builder, studio, or touring musician may need.

Nice work bro

(D@mn auto correct)

Last edited:

Followed

OP was a long time ago, but I want to add: if the other 70% of the business is selling weed in the same storefront as guitar equipment, then you might have something seriously profitable. Especially if there are a lot of bass players in your area.

I understand you. Starting your own business can be exciting and daunting, but you're prepared for the hard work and dedication it takes to succeed. Starting a business in the middle of a pandemic is challenging, but it can also be an opportunity to innovate and adapt to changing circumstances.
Regarding the used guitar market it's hard to predict the future of the used guitar market, but there will always be a market for vintage and rare guitars. If you doubt that, you better hire a business advisor like https://stephenswmg.com/services/business-planning/. I wish you good luck!

Last edited:
I owned a retail business for over 30 years. It's now the oldest furniture store in Boulder and I designed all of the pieces and in the beginning even built everything myself.

I doubt that I would succeed today, even though the store is still going. The new owners have had to down size, etc.

Seems to me that online is where most people buy these days. I buy almost everything except food and gas online.

I even buy my dog food online.

I'd be afraid to open a store and have a brick and morter place these days. Too much overhead and too subject to the fears and whims of the general public.

I'd do it online. Probably reach more people who really want your product. Your target audience.

It's worth researching trends and demand in your specific area for the used guitar market. Vintage guitars often hold value, and there will likely always be a market for them among enthusiasts.
You're right about the ebb and flow of music trends. While electronic music has gained popularity, the allure of traditional instruments like guitars remains. It's entirely possible that guitar playing will come back into vogue, especially with the surge in home recording and music-making during the pandemic.
If you're still hunting for more information or insights, you might want to consider placing a guest post in other blogs. It's a great way to share your expertise and build an online presence for your business without the usual ads.

Last edited:
Starting your own business is a big leap, especially during these uncertain times. I launched my small shop a few years back, and it's been a rollercoaster. The key is passion and perseverance. As for the used guitar market, it has its ups and downs, but vintage gear always has its charm. You could use task management online to organize the work. Good luck!

Last edited:
Back