Starla with Santana headstock

Stitchy

Hi there,

I'm looking for a nice Starla and I just found this PRS Starla with Santana headstock from 2010. Is it a limited edition? Has the guitar something special? Does it worth?

I found also a Stoptail one, in your opinion, is it better with bigbsby or stop tail. (I don't use the tremolo so much)

Here are the pics

Thanks

From what I understand, there was a special run of 60 Starla's with the Santana headstock and some special colors, everything else is the same. I wouldn't say this makes them worth more than a regular version, just different.

As for a Bigsby or stop tail, only you can make that choice. I don't think there's any real tonal or resonance difference but maybe someone else can chime in on that. I have one with a bigsby and I'm very happy with it. You probably know this but a Bigsby is not like a standard trem, it allows much subtler options, which I really like.

BTW: The one you posted looks really nice. I really like the color!

I've never liked the Bigsby and if you don't trem too much the stop tail is perfect for you.
As for the headstock, a unique "special run" piece is a winner.

Yours is very cool, but I love the Bigsby on the stock Starla. It's part of that model's charm, to me.

Never had a Bigsby. I owned the stoptail version a few years ago. Really liked it. Don't expect it to sound like other PRS models. They have their own voice.

Back