Spreading the PRS word - NGD for bandmate - S2 CU24

shinksma

What? I get a title?
I play PRS guitars, electric and acoustic, and my wife plays PRS basses in my band. (I also play non-PRS non-guitar stringed instruments like mandolins and banjos.)

Two of our bandmates are another married couple. He plays acoustic guitars, a bit of banjo, and a bit of bass (often borrowing my wife's PRS). His wife decided he was having fun playing the jazz-style electric they owned, and occasionally playing one of my PRSi. So she decided to get him an electric guitar for Christmas this year, as well as some effect pedals. They have an old small Fender practice amp for him to use for now.

She had intended to get him an F or G due to slightly higher familiarity with the models, but found none in the intended price-range / quality-range.

So she stumbled across a PRS S2 at Sam Ash. Apparently they were getting low on inventory, but still had this particular one, in the intended price range, and she already knew about the quality of the brand from my PRSi. She figured it was fated to be.

So now we have three full time members playing PRS in the band!

stXnFAD.jpg

It's a 2020, but not a 35th anniv.

The figured maple looks very nice in person, very impressive. And it plays as one would expect - like a quality PRS instrument. Pickups are quite nice - I know some don't like the S2 pups, but these seemed more than "good enough" for a newbie on electric. I wouldn't bother to swap them if it was my guitar.

We also have another, part-time, member who also plays a couple of PRS guitars at home, but is a fiddle player in our band. I posted this previously (that's me on the right with my SSH):

jynSQSC.jpg

He also picked up an SE HB Piezo recently.

I don't proselytize, I just play, and let them try them out.

Sorry, miss-read that he already got a NGD... I'll donate to our local high school....

Last edited:
Back