Sound City Studio Documentary

CoreyT

PRS Addiction
Anyone catch this yet on the Palladia channel on cable?
I caught it yesterday, and it was very good.
A lot of rock artists used this analog studio during the 70s and 80s, but went under when the digital age came about.

Dave Grohl produced this, and eventually took the famous sound board they had in that studio and put it in a new studio.
Paul McCartney makes an appearance in the movie too.

http://buy.soundcitymovie.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool documentary. I was really impressed with the story and Grohl's drive to get the word out there. I really enjoyed the movie...the actual soundtrack...meh. A couple cool tracks and a lot of trying to recreate a vibe from 30-40 years ago.

I bought the movie as well (and the soundtrack). I love seeing the studio session stuff (I seriously geek on that stuff anyway), and along with the story, this was a total win for me.

There's also a flick out now called "Twenty Feet From Stardom", about backup singers. Another very good singer, and great stuff about Merry Clayton (of "Gimme Shelter" fame - that's a cool story).

Also available soon is a doc on Muscle Shoals. I'm looking forward to that, too,

If you liked Sound City, you will absolutely love Muscle Shoals. A fantastic story and some killer music.

I too own the movie and the sound track. A "must see" as far as I'm concerned.

We own it, I think we have watched it twice already. I also agree that the soundtrack is pretty dang good.

Damn, I keep missing it. Don't see anymore scheduled, not on netflix either.

Back