So, which way would you go?

Which would you prefer?

• Total voters
IMHO, FWIW, etc, I think the 408 with rosewood neck will be the optimal choice here. I know I'd love to have one.

If you're not happy with the Gibson you should get rid of it.If you want a PRS I suggest you go to a store and find the model that really rocks your world.

Hey guys, thanks for all the answers on this. Looks like I'll be keeping the Gibson for now. The logistics just didn't work out on the deal so I am going to stick with what I've got. I think I am going to try a set of Duncan pup's and see what happens.

You could always just replace the entire Les Paul electronics. Put an RS LP harness in there and get a nice set of pups in there.

A vote for the SC250. I still have my les Paul but recently bought the S2 SC250. If coming from an eclipse the sc250 will feel very similar IMO. I've had an eclipse. The Sc250 is a nice, lighter weight than the average les Paul but has a nice bite about it. Hard to explain but sounds a cross between a les Paul and an sg to my ears. I know what you mean about a les Paul. They can sound a bit boomy and muddy after a while. ive had mine for a couple of weeks now and just love it. Sounds great in the mix. Just my 2 pennies worth (yes, from the uk).

If you ever end up to buy a PRS, regardless the model, please let us know which one you finally pick and what you think about it...

Back