So when do we get our 3/4 size PRS?

Jaco

We have SEs', S2s', Cores and Private Stocks - from student edition to custom shop - a range for evey stage from beginner ro professional. There is a jaw dropping PRS for every genre we could possibly want to play. Heck, we even have PRS electric and acoustic christmas tree decorations!

But we have no 3/4 size guitar to take on the road. No PRS to start our 9 year olds off with. Epihone, Squier, Jackson. These brands offer a 3/4 size electric of their most popular and iconic full size models. That's where we need to go to get a semi-decent electric peewee. Taylor GS Mini - take your pick of a number of options of tops and back and sides, with or without a pickup. But no 3/4 size Tonare ( and no - the P20 doesn't count. )

How long till Paul and co release that dinky Cu22? Or Tonare? Or both? Our favourite brand for a travel guitar or your youngster's first PRS.

Lots of videos on the YouTube where kids are playing full size guitars very well.

Not only that but is seems to be a PRS philosophy that the guitars they build are worthy of becoming family heirlooms. Building a guitar which will become obsolete in only a handful of years does not seem to make a lot of sense.

I’m guessing there’s not been enough demand for it, or Paul thinks that niche is already saturated by others. They’ve introduced other models in recent years, so I doubt capacity to add one has been a concern. I wouldn’t mind seeing something like that, but aimed at pro/core players. Cheapening the line with lower quality instruments would be a mistake in my opinion, for what that’s worth.

Buy something you can keep, a Mira SE.

Although, I’d like to see the SE One reintroduced. Solid, cheap, basic but well made, mod-worthy= perfect starter guitar.

Back