So what should my second PRS be???

veloce

Strat player for awhile, purchased my first PRS a few months back-Zach Myers SE-absolutely love it....And now I'm thinking what would be the next PRS model that I should look at? SE models only please-my playing ability and budget will only allow my conscience to spend that much. I've got a Baja Tele, too, love the chunky neck. Or am I just gassing for something new? Yes, I am...but why not?

BTW--new around here

veloce

Welcome. The ZM is a great place to start, for sure! My advice would be to go back to the original source: Custom 24. The SE version is killer and you will also get a Trem in the deal to help in the Strat-to-PRS long-term transition.

I have a SE custom 24. I have played fender, ibanez, and gibson a. I feel the SE custom 24 is a superior guitar. What bugs me is when people say, they are not bad for the money. They are really good.

I don't remember the exact model, but I played one of those Korina soapbar Singlecuts. It was a sweet guitar...for the money. (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Tone wise, what will I be getting the Bernie Marsden or the custom 24...differences from my Zach Myers?

The C24 will have the most noticeably different sound as the pups are different, different scale with 24 frets placing the neck pup in a different place. The trem will also impact on the overall tone.

The Bernie and ZM share the same pups and body shape but the ZM will sound a bit different because it's semi hollow.

You say you like chunky necks - or at least the one on your Tele. The Bernie has a nice chunky neck which you may be right at home with. It'll have much of what you love with the ZM but with a feel you love too. You coul always swap the pups down the line.

I have the Bernie and love it. I also had the SE C24 but couldn't gel with the neck.

As always, try them all out if you can!

Back