Snow up north

crgtr

Zombie Eight - DFZ
Any of you guys up north get pounded by that big ass snow storm? News coverage looks pretty intense. Any pics if you did?

In Michigan, we're so used to snowstorms that it was no big deal to get a bunch of snow. I always marvel at how the same storms are treated as gigantic emergencies in places like New York, where they're just not used to getting so much.

Yeah, it snowed the other day, and last night we got freezing rain. Today it's nasty and windy, but it's melting.

We got well over a foot...nothing compared to Eastern Long Island or Boston area. My photo is located in the "I heard a rumor thread" posted yesterday, a day after the storm.

In Michigan, we're so used to snowstorms that it was no big deal to get a bunch of snow. I always marvel at how the same storms are treated as gigantic emergencies in places like New York, where they're just not used to getting so much.

Yeah, it snowed the other day, and last night we got freezing rain. Today it's nasty and windy, but it's melting.

New York City area is not used to a lot of snow. Where I am sees plenty ... especially just north of Syracuse in the Tug Hill area. The lake effect snow depends on where the wind comes from. Buffalo gets hit if it is out of the southwest over Lake Erie, we get it if it is from the northwest over Lake Ontario, the the Tug Hill area gets it no matter where it is from.

Here are some shots of South Boston on Friday night - between 9-11pm, when it was really hitting hard
8465921398_2ee6f3fde4_z.jpg

8465923878_d7103333a7_z.jpg

I tried measuring the snow in beards, and quickly lost count...
8464822143_76e4d5f278.jpg

And here are some shots of Boston on Saturday afternoon, after the snow had finally stopped:

8465923914_12d4b56fdc_b.jpg

8465923864_ac2d17fce3_z.jpg

8466005284_4989733da3_z.jpg

Like Les, I'm a Michigan native, so I'm used to the heavy snow. It still would've been a pretty intense storm in Michigan, but we get them like that every couple years. Especially in the West Michigan area, where the storms blow over Lake Michigan. But what blows my mind is the snow removal in Boston, back home we just plow it to the wide shoulder and it's not a problem, but here it's a big ordeal to truck it out of the city!

Back