Small thing... what clip-on tuner fits the PRS headstock well?

Resurrecting this old thread because I am having this exact issue right now, WITH A UNTUNE. The old Snark stays fine, but the Unitune just doesn’t want to stay still on the PRS. It’s a non-issue on Gibson, Martin and Fender, but there’s just not enough empty real estate on the PRS. Even placed on the taller tip on the bass side of the headstock, it easily slides off and flies across the room. It’s clearly a great little tuner and I’d love to use it, but how do all you guys get them to stay put?

I use a Korg PitchHawk (called a PitchCrow now, there’s a joke somewhere there!), stays put no problems on the SE245 (pointy headstock) and plenty of real estate on the Santana.

In fact, just buy a Santana and all your tuner problems will be solved ;)

If you don’t need anything fancy I have used these D’Addario micro clip on tuners with great success on several guitars.

I don’t need anything fancy, and I have a trusty old cheap Snark that’s fine. I was asking because I bought the Unitune from SW and I like it, but I can’t seem to get it to fit comfortably on the PRS. Seems like a lot of guys here were recommending it, so I’m wondering what they are doing with it that I’m missing. Otherwise I can leave the Snark on the PRS and stick the Unitune on my Martin acoustic.

I use a Korg PitchHawk (called a PitchCrow now, there’s a joke somewhere there!), stays put no problems on the SE245 (pointy headstock) and plenty of real estate on the Santana.

In fact, just buy a Santana and all your tuner problems will be solved ;)
olala!! another good point damn Santanao_O! one day it will be hanging there my brother!

Am I the only person using the PRS clip on?
I’ve never used any of the other types but I’ve never had a problem clipping the PRS one to a PRS headstock.

I have the PRS Tuner too which works fine on a PRS guitar as you'd expect a PRS Accessory to work fine with their instruments. What's more is that the PRS tuner is reasonably priced too so an easy recommendation from my perspective.

I have the Polytune clip on as well which fits on the headstock as well. Both are great and I just use whichever is closest to hand when I need one - no preference, they both 'work'...

Gotta add another vote for the Polytune. Ordered mine from Amazon and they sent me a dealer box with six of them. I did the right thing and called them to send the other five back.

I have a Snark, too, but it never seems to get my guitars fully in tune. Might just be me, some swear by the Turbo Tuner but I can't stand them.

Back