Small thing... what clip-on tuner fits the PRS headstock well?

Jkater

The beloved PRS headstock isn't the most generous for extra room around the tuners. My clip-on tuners barely hold and are tight against the tuners. Yeah, I know, not a big deal but out of curiousity and wanting to buy a new clip-on tuner for no good reason, is there a tuner out there that fits comfortably on the PRS headstock?

I to use the the clip on Polytune by TC Electronics. I think its very accurate and, according to Anderton's, they do too. I also find it responsive too...

Silly me. I found the spot on the silver sky headstock where there is a little more room because of the offset tuners of the SS (right where the handwritten serial number is). This is not the case on the usual PRS headstock where it is indeed very tight and there is little room to hook a tuner.
HFB6HWp.jpg

I use a polytune too. BTW they now have a Unitune clip, exactly the same clip with chromatic and strobe modes, just no poly (multiple strings at once) They are only $30 and I always find the poly part intruding on my tuning single strings at a time and a pain in the backside.

Just with it didn't only come in white.

Actually $5 off at Sweetwater right now so only $25.

Think I'm going to get one right now lol.

I to use the the clip on Polytune by TC Electronics. I think its very accurate and, according to Anderton's, they do too. I also find it responsive too...

I just ordered a polytune clip (the unitune version). :) I have the big brother on my pedalboard and love it. I rarely use the polytune mode. Never seems to match what the single note mode says. But it's handy for extremely quick almost-there tuning.

Back