Slayer Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slayer was the first metal band I got into, I was a Straightedge/skater kid who was playing guitar in hardcore bands and I enjoyed the shock value of driving around listening to Angel of Death blasting from the cassette deck of whatever death rock/ goth/ new wave girl's car that was driving my skinny ass around that week. That famous scream at the beginning peeled the plum nail polish off their nails and caused them to drop the clove cigarettes that were perpetually lodged between their fingers...

What at first was just a ploy to be slightly annoying to my friends became a honest obsession, by the time "Seasons" came out I was beyond hooked! I swear to the dark lord below that for my entire sophomore year in high school I only listened to Slayer, for a whole year of my life!!!! It got so bad that I even started to date one of the metal chicks that hung out in the "smoking section" at my high school... Isn't that crazy that the school had a "section" devoted to underage consumption of tobacco products? God, you can't even serve soda in schools now without panties getting in a bunch!

Ahh... Slayer.

I got into other thrash/crossover bands like Nuclear Assault and Vio-lence, then slowly became tolerant of Metallica and Megadeth, but after all these years Slayer is still the only metal band that is worth listening to.

I actually have a pair of these. :biggrin:

SLAYER-OLD-SKOOL.png

:rock:

My wife takes care of me - on the weekends, she flips my XM radio over to Liquid Metal when she gets up (she wakes up much earlier than me on weekends - just a couple hours after I go to bed!). Last couple Sundays, woke up to Slayer. Can't hardly beat that!

Today it was (NSFW):

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back