Show your SE!

Just picked this up today!
7d62caa4bd653bfa26f836cc26be0810.jpg
Drool. What a sweet machine you got there. Congrats!

Just another pretty face keeping company with my Frontman 212R and Digitech RP355. The only mod to date is guitar strap locks :)
prs_se10.jpg
By the way, what looks like some damage to the finish near the bridge is just a weird flash effect. The guitar top is perfect.

Last edited:
Color me clueless, but how would you use pencil graphite? Do you use the refills for mechanical pencils? Crush it to powder first? Am I over-thinking this? :)

I ried the mechanical refills but they're too fragile and just snap.

I usually just use a blade the whittle down the 'lead' to a fine edge and then run it into the slots and blow the excess away. Easier on Strat nuts with shallower slots. If the slots are to deep then I rub some onto the underneath of the string or try and get a little of the powder into the slot.

I ried the mechanical refills but they're too fragile and just snap. I usually just use a blade the whittle down the 'lead' to a fine edge and then run it into the slots and blow the excess away. Easier on Strat nuts with shallower slots. If the slots are to deep then I rub some onto the underneath of the string or try and get a little of the powder into the slot.
Thanks for the details. I'll probably try powdered graphite first, but I'll keep this technique in mind :) I haven't been experiencing tuning problems, but I haven't been using the whammy bar either.

Hi! Somebody, tell me please, how can I to differentiate PRS Custom 22 10 top from PRS SE Custom 22?

I want to buy on Ebay PRS Custom 22 10 top 2003 and I want to know that this is USA Made. Serial number 3 7922.

3 could mean 1993 or 2003, the 7922 part of the serial number means it's a 1990 and I don't think the 22 fretters were available then. Unless you made a typo, and it should be 3 79220 or something like that, in which case the serial number is consistent with a guitar made in 2003 in the USA. A 2003 SE guitar would have a D at the beginning of the serial #, and they did not yet make the SE custom 22 in 2003.

Aside from just serial numbers, the SE custom 22 never had a carved top, it was always flat, no contouring. USA Custom 22s always have a carved top. That's the easiest way to tell.

That's about the best I can do without some pics.

Back