Show your rig/setup!

Here is my setup for my apartment. Getting ready to move to a bigger place and have new head and cab inbound.

It's simple, but works nicely.
e26182984e974a4c7695cbc49cb4b61b.jpg

Here is my setup for my apartment. Getting ready to move to a bigger place and have new head and cab inbound.

It's simple, but works nicely.
e26182984e974a4c7695cbc49cb4b61b.jpg

Nice looking home rig!

Dare I ask what's on the way? I'm sure it'll make me jealous, as you always seem to do!

Nice looking home rig!

Dare I ask what's on the way? I'm sure it'll make me jealous, as you always seem to do!

Thanks Andy, I have a Randall Diavlo RD20 head and matching 2x12 cab. Looking to get a Line 6 M9 or M13 in place of the RP1000

My girlfriend is going to kill me when she sees and hears it!!

Thanks Andy, I have a Randall Diavlo RD20 head and matching 2x12 cab. Looking to get a Line 6 M9 or M13 in place of the RP1000

My girlfriend is going to kill me when she sees and hears it!!

Ah, yeah those Randall Diavlo's sound pretty versatile to my ear. I've always thought their amps were too centered on metal tones for my tastes (but as they were intended to be), but the Diavlo series has a nice range. Looking forward to your report!

Ah, yeah those Randall Diavlo's sound pretty versatile to my ear. I've always thought their amps were too centered on metal tones for my tastes (but as they were intended to be), but the Diavlo series has a nice range. Looking forward to your report!

Always been a fan of Randall and like a lot of gain. After trying these out I fell in love with the gain as well as the very nice cleans.

Main Rig
Mesa Mark V combo with speaker taken out. (I had to make room for my RJM amp gizmo and power supplies.) with Mesa 2x12 Vertical loaded with 2x EVM12L, and then another Mesa Vertical Cab loaded with Stock V30s. Pedal Train Pro board being controled by ControlONE Crocodile tail and pedal snake.

Small Rigs both use same pedal board.

Acoustic Rig
Genz benz shenandoah and pedals

Digital Rig
Atomic FRFR Powered 50 watt Tube cabinet with HD500x

Practice rigs lol
I love these sooooo much i cant recommend them enough! Yamaha THR5 and THR10X

Not totally updated as I have a PRS 4x12 instead of the avatar but here is my main rig:

efb29d631f15fbcb64bd9889d4fa74b1_zpsa77a2b21.jpg

Also just got this as my main gigging amp:
Friedman Small Box :
4459468D-9B09-4855-A4DB-EA93F46205D5_zps8uiiame4.jpg
Updated pic, because .....everyone needs one more Friedman:
DB882B2D-138F-4AA9-97E2-E8E3C3CF1D8B_zpsxmfad2rz.jpg

Cab was sitting at my front door when I came home for lunch. Head is "out for delivery" so should be pissing neighbors off by dinner!

Tracking number says my head was delivered, but it's not. I'm afraid I'm gonna have to wait until Monday. :-(

Dealer contacted me with correct tracking number. Didn't notice they gave me the same number for head and cab. It will be here on Monday...sure the neighbors will be thankful.

Last edited:
I use different amps depending on the venue or the recording or whatever I feel like. I mainly use Fender amps or Fender-type boutique amps. I tend to like a clean hifi amp and use pedals for the overdrive. So I don't have a pic of all of them together.

My guitars of choice live from PRS are my CU24 with 57/08s (in my avatar) and my McSoapy. Also still dig my SE CU22, but the way I have it set up, it's a one trick pony heavy metal axe with the Duncan Jazz/JB pickups. Most of the time if I can only take one guitar, it's the CU24.

2usadkn.jpg

This is my current pedalboard - always changing.

x4k5yp.jpg

I'm a big fan of boutique and mass produced effects as you can see. For mass produced I dig Way Huge/MXR/Dunlop, Boss, and Fulltone. I normally dig the Dunlop company for dirtboxes though, they sound better to me than BOSS overdrives/distortions. I also dig the TC Electronic effects. For boutique, I love too many to list.

This is my trusty rig. 1994 5150 head, TC Electronics G-Major, Korg tuner( Ditched POS Sabine tuner) and wireless. Cab is an OLD peavey with celestions. This cab has a divider without ports so there is a top half and bottom half but it is wired 16 ohm mono. Guitars pictured are my 2000 MCarty, 2011 CU24 and 1997 CE22.

The art controller may seem like an old POS but I really like how it works for what I do. I'm not using a clean channel in this band but instead using the global lead boost at 3db boost and rolling back volume on guitar. The bypass button can be configured as momentary or on/off and reversed depending on how you want the led to respond so it can control different things.

The cab is white because I tried to use this textured product to make it look like mortor and I was going to paint bricks on it but I'm scapping that idea for now. I have a better idea for that.

The 5150 cabs I have are loaded with the Sheffield speakers and while they sound good they tend to have this fizz on the top end that I hate and can not dial out so I'm gigging with this PV/celestion cab and am VERY happy with it.

I like to keep it simple.
IMG_20140719_220609_zps26b6ceb3.jpg

The Boogie delivers all I need.
Only floor pedal is a WhaWha I use occasionally.

I use this guitar: :)
IMG_20140615_124959_zps2fe97b7a.jpg

Or my new SG Custom Shop 2013 with Custombucker Pickups

Back