Show your rig/setup!

jcha008

I know there's an existing thread somewhere, but I couldn't find it. Apologies on that.

It seems that many of us had some updates to our gear in the past months or so I thought it would be cool to see what you guys are rocking these days. Not necessarily the whole collection for some, but what ever seems to be the flavor of the month.

My current setup is pretty basic. I have some other effects, but I'm keeping it pretty simple for now. I'll also occasionally use an ABY switcher to get both amps going if I'm feeling real saucy :D. The Sandstorm gets the majority of the playtime out of the guitars.

15078976152_921e10dfd2_o.jpg

The pedal-board (if I can even call it that). I'm usually a Maxon OD808 kind of guy, but the OCD has been real fun for now. ISP noise gate and the DD-3 are pedals that I'm sure most of you are familiar with. Will probably add a Strymon Timeline next month.

15079335695_4c9e4bceeb_o.jpg

Marshall JCM2555 and an Engl Invader into a Marshall 4X12 with V30s. I really like both amps and blending the two definitely provides the brutes :rock::rofl:.

14892752148_1c6a9afac9_o.jpg

Great looking rig! That guitar is nutty good too. I've played it and WOW. Only single cut I want more is the other one you have. Best Raspberry Dragon's Breath I have ever seen. I know 3-4 people that are kicking themselves they didn't buy that one. DIBS!!! (on both, lol)

Engl Invaders are tough amps. I really like those and the Savage model. Love simple rigs. This is it!!!

Not totally updated as I have a PRS 4x12 instead of the avatar but here is my main rig:

efb29d631f15fbcb64bd9889d4fa74b1_zpsa77a2b21.jpg

Also just got this as my main gigging amp:
Friedman Small Box :
4459468D-9B09-4855-A4DB-EA93F46205D5_zps8uiiame4.jpg

How do you like those Friedman's? You've had almost all of them by now haven't you?

How do you like those Friedman's? You've had almost all of them by now haven't you?
Love them. Had the original BE100 and the Pink Taco, but I dig the cleans on these 2 better. Also have the JJ100 Cantrell model on order. Will probably move the Archon when that comes in. Those should be shipping by next month.

Love them. Had the original BE100 and the Pink Taco, but I dig the cleans on these 2 better. Also have the JJ100 Cantrell model on order. Will probably move the Archon when that comes in. Those should be shipping by next month.

Right on man. Thanks for the insight. I have an appointment to play the JJ when it arrives.

My current rig.......

Hughes and kettner grandmeister 36 with floor board.
Tc electronics polytune 2
Jim dunlop jh wah
Line 6 G50 wireless
Marshall 1960 A cab
2011 Prs cu24. 10 top ..it's my number 1
2013 prs dgt charcoal burst
2014 prs s2 blue crab with emg James hetfields

7dfe872b19ef9a1fb2788eba2cf70bcb.jpg

That's a sweet looking rig. How do you like that H&K amp? I just ordered a tubemiester 18, can't wait to get it.

That's a sweet looking rig. How do you like that H&K amp? I just ordered a tubemiester 18, can't wait to get it.

I love the HK . I had a tm 18 and when this came out, I had to have it. It sure didn't disappoint. I can get the nice mesa mids or some down right nasty marshall thump out of it. Cleans are very good as well as well as the crunch. The tm 18 needs an overdrive to really boost it if you are going to do metal but it can also handle everything else without a problem,

My rig grew again last week with the addition of the SE Kingfisher bass.
Most of my stuff all lives on one wall, but I did have to branch out two guitars to the East wall, and added some shelving to hold a combo amp, monitors, and the Zoom R24.

13.jpg

10.jpg

Every once in awhile they like to turn over to show off their rears :D

14.jpg

I have retired a lot of stuff to the spare room such as a Carvin 4x12, Blackstar HT5R-H 5 watt head, Orange 1x12 cab, and an Orange Micro Terror amp.
When I move and setup a proper studio room everything will be together and spread out more.

Ok, I'll play too!

one of these days I'll get a proper camera, yep, been saying that for years...

656ad00443352c97fbdc9465697e75c2_zpsb61f5dcc.jpg

And my small practice amp, DeArmond R5T, my dad gave me this one some 30 years ago

47d641188e7f15af240b57c81fb14423_zpsf45f3f96.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome rigs guys! Lets see some more!

Mother of god, those Friedman amps just make me cry.

Great looking rig! That guitar is nutty good too. I've played it and WOW. Only single cut I want more is the other one you have. Best Raspberry Dragon's Breath I have ever seen. I know 3-4 people that are kicking themselves they didn't buy that one. DIBS!!! (on both, lol)

Engl Invaders are tough amps. I really like those and the Savage model. Love simple rigs. This is it!!!

Thanks Jesse, I'm really liking these amps for now. The JCM2555 is typical Marshall, but has an extra smoothness when the gain is turned up. The Engl of course needs no saying.

Dibs noted on the Raspberry, the color is quite electric in person. Although, will probably have to get in line for the Sandstorm :D.

Nice looking rigs...my new rig is on its way so I'll post pics once it get here.

I saw a movie once where a guy was killed by having his head dunked in a deep fryer in the back of a fast food restaurant. That's what I think of when I see FriedMan amps.

Awesome rigs guys! Lets see some more!

Mother of god, those Friedman amps just make me cry.

Thanks Jesse, I'm really liking these amps for now. The JCM2555 is typical Marshall, but has an extra smoothness when the gain is turned up. The Engl of course needs no saying.

Dibs noted on the Raspberry, the color is quite electric in person. Although, will probably have to get in line for the Sandstorm :D.

I'd rather have the Raspberry. DIBS FTW!

Back