Show us your Soapbars!

I posted this one on a different thread but there's value in seeing it again. McCarty Soapbar with a rosewood neck. It's a great guitar.

ekZDi44h.jpg

IgqOhrFh.jpg

It's even bumped my previous favorite soapbar guitar out of the top spot. 57 Les Paul Junior. The guitar is cool but not as versatile as the PRS.

6cIsdmQl.jpg

Fr1vE7ml.jpg

I'm really enjoying seeing all these Soapbars!

Let's add to this. What do you like using your Soapbar guitars for? What types of music/songs? Why do they speak to you?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I had almost no P-90 guitars until recently. I've been looking at CU 22 Soapbars for a while because I really want the 3 P-90's with a five way, but haven't come across any that made me jump.

The Korina Offset Tele I just got is my first all P-90 guitar. I mostly play clean fusion-y jazz so I'm liking the clarity and punch with some edge P-90's give. Three P-90's with a 5-way would give great rich 'Stratty' tones in 2 and 4 I'm thinking...

Do you know what it's called, what the model name is?

I'd love to try to find one!!

As far as I know it's just a McCarty Model with Korina/Brazilian woods they did a special run of. Some where with HBers and some like mine P90's. They also made them in natural finish as well.

When this run was going it was during the time Gibson was in hot water of Braz Rosewood. Paul locked these guitars up in the shop, waited till the legal ramblings were over, and then allowed dealers to buy them. Mine, as I'm sure most all of them do, says for USA only on back of the headstock.

Back