Show us your Silver Sky!

My signature dealer got one in today and it happened to be the color (onyx) I wanted with the case. There were apparently several people that reserved them as well but they chose other colors. I lucked out. Out of town, so should have a full review in a few days.
Who was your dealer, Moore Guitars?

I’m paid up and eaiting for a Tungsten one in a case, So from the first batch fingers crossed. I was assured I’m getting a cased one, the last cased Tungsten one available in Oz So my dealer was told on the ph by the PRS distributors but they still haven’t got a confirmation email of this or a delivery date at this stage. It might sound petty but if it doesn’t come in the PRS case I might just flag it and get something else. They are $3900 here, $3699 real money, which is not S2 cheap but cheap by PRS Core standards but for that kind of coin I want a PRS hard case. The JM plated one would be a bonus but they should all come in a black tolex case, surely. Have you seen how much a JM Incase gig bag sells for. If you can find one.

I only use my OEM guitar cases for storage. I otherwise use a resin / plastic Gatorcase for all guitar movements

I’m paid up and eaiting for a Tungsten one in a case, So from the first batch fingers crossed. I was assured I’m getting a cased one, the last cased Tungsten one available in Oz So my dealer was told on the ph by the PRS distributors but they still haven’t got a confirmation email of this or a delivery date at this stage. It might sound petty but if it doesn’t come in the PRS case I might just flag it and get something else. They are $3900 here, $3699 real money, which is not S2 cheap but cheap by PRS Core standards but for that kind of coin I want a PRS hard case. The JM plated one would be a bonus but they should all come in a black tolex case, surely. Have you seen how much a JM Incase gig bag sells for. If you can find one.

I only use my OEM guitar cases for storage. I otherwise use a resin / plastic Gatorcase for all guitar movements

From my understanding, anything past the initial run of 500 comes in a "redesigned premium gig bag". I totally agree with you, if I don't get a hardshell case I'm not buying. I have an order in for Tungsten as well here in Canada and I've been told it's more than likely that I'll get a hardshell case, but even the dealer isn't sure. They said it's a bit of a lottery. Good luck!

For some reason I assumed dealers would have them on hand by the 20th so they could ship them out when they officially went on sale. Kind of defeats the purpose of a specific on sale date if the guitars aren't available. I hope they start arriving for all of you soon. I'm looking forward to some reviews.

For some reason I assumed dealers would have them on hand by the 20th so they could ship them out when they officially went on sale. Kind of defeats the purpose of a specific on sale date if the guitars aren't available. I hope they start arriving for all of you soon. I'm looking forward to some reviews.
I did as well, hope they start rolling in by this weekend at least.

So did I. Apparently I have my name on the very first SIlver Sky that was ordered in Canada by our largest dealer, and I just got told I'll be waiting at least a month to get it.

I suspect that even PRS got surprised at the demand generated, and had perhaps expected to ship out, over the course of a week or two, a few hundred guitars to a dozen big retailers and another hundred to mom & pop places, and instead they've had pre-orders hit into the thousands, and not enough guitars in the warehouse to ship for "Day 0" distribution. So while a US store may get in one, two or four guitars right off the bat, there may be preorders at that store in the dozens. And some stores are in the "next batch to ship" and won't get any until early next week. And exports to Canada and Europe are even further behind.

But that is just me guessing. The weather and other factors may have not helped, either...

Well, I may be changing my mind about them. Last night I had my PRS McCarty in one stand, and my old strat in another side by side. My guitars have different names according to my mood and attempts at playing. "Ole Sumbich" the strat, just kinda stared at me as if I was contemplating another woman... The PRS just smiled and said "never mind him". Truth be told, if I had the ability, I would order one, just to provoke Ole Sumbich.....

With only 375 (out of 3000 pre-ordered!) being produced in this first batch, “Bueller” may echo in this thread for a while...

Just remember that in real terms, PRS are a much smaller producer of instruments in comparison with say F or G or even H (sorry that last one was a joke! Couldn’t resist!)

In one interview, PRSh I believe stated that G could close for 3 days a week and their production would be the same! It’s about quality, not quantity!!

If you want a wonky neck or dodgy frets I’m sure @Shawn@PRS could knock them out for you all next week! For PRS to thrive and survive they need to have orders in the book so they can keep producing the instruments that we all rave about!

Some of us are very lucky being in a world where we can buy things at the “press of a button”, myself included and 2-3 days later there’s a knock at the door!

If this is the instrument for you, then a few days or weeks is worth waiting!

Heck I waited a year for my last guitar and had the tease of watching it grow from raw timber to finished instrument. Part of the joy is the anticipation, for me anyway.

Hang on a minute! What am I saying?! C’mon Shawn, what the heck are you playing at dude. You guys need to pull your respective fingers out! Aren’t you like a guitar company or what? I mean, how hard is it?! You put some timber in a machine and press a few buttons?? Put a sticker on the headstock!! It’s a “bolt-on” for g0d$ sake!! It ain’t rocket science!!! 7.25 WHAT??

Don’t get me started on the “gig-bag”!! I mean has anyone even seen it? How is it decorated?? Is it a “collectors” bag???

;):rolleyes:

Back