Show us your Silver Sky!

29595099_1867658676591277_5804401969356055328_n.jpg

Man I love the smell of nitro

I bought one of those bags new from GC back when the model was still being made, because the case for my CU22 Soapbar got damaged. I think it was a $275 special order item at the time. It was the only way to get the Incase bag, it had been otherwise discontinued.

That Incase bag was the best made, most awesome and useful guitar case of any kind I’ve ever owned, including my Private Stock hard cases, and top-end Reunion Blues leather ones, etc.

No wonder they’re going for silly money! I stupidly sold it with the guitar to fund some piece of studio gear or other.

Every so often I check with Incase to see if they plan to make them again; sadly, no luck yet. I had no interest in whether it was JM or PM. It’s a terrific protective, light, sturdy and highly functional case, if you can find one.

I looked at buying a JM incase gig bag just because they seemed so practical., I couldn’t find any in Australia who would part for one. It wasn’t a regular incase modlel and on eBay they were going for at least $400 + shipping.
I was going to use it for my first FCS Strat.

I wouldn’t mind getting my Silver Sky in a regular PRS Hardcase, without the model / JM’s name but I personally think any guitar over $2000 USD should come with a quality hard case. Unless PRS and JM have something very special in the way of a gig bag (quasi Incase style bag?) cooked up for the Silver Sky ?

for what its worth, Parker have excellent gig bags. Semi rigid. So tough, practical, light & not too bulky.

Last edited:
for what its worth, Parker have excellent gig bags. Semi rigid. So tough, practical, light & not too bulky.

You might say Parker had excellent gig bags. They’re currently out of business.

PRS puts more time and effort into a guitar than most manufacturers, and the parts are first class. At $2000-2300, something’s gotta give. I’d rather have them put the resources into the instrument than the case.

Don’t kid yourself, when you buy a guitar that comes with a case, you’re still paying for the case. It’s simply baked into the price.

You might say Parker had excellent gig bags. They’re currently out of business.

PRS puts more time and effort into a guitar than most manufacturers, and the parts are first class. At $2000-2300, something’s gotta give. I’d rather have them put the resources into the instrument than the case.

Don’t kid yourself, when you buy a guitar that comes with a case, you’re still paying for the case. It’s simply baked into the price.
Not that I really care, but rumour has it that Parker might be back this year.

Not that I really care, but rumour has it that Parker might be back this year.

They’re reportedly seeking partners or financing. Who knows if they’ll get it?

I can’t imagine someone pouring in the kind of cash that’d be needed to reinvigorate them in this crowded market, but heck, I’ve been wrong before. Maybe they’ve already lined it up.

The neck is nitro

Ok. Personally, I would rather have the same non-sticky, durable body finish on the neck as well. Playing in sweaty clubs, the last thing I want is a sticky neck. Nitro gets soft and gummy under heat and humidity, IME.

Ok. Personally, I would rather have the same non-sticky, durable body finish on the neck as well. Playing in sweaty clubs, the last thing I want is a sticky neck. Nitro gets soft and gummy under heat and humidity, IME.

Not PRS’ nitro. I have it on all my PS guitars, and it’s as hard and non-stocky as poly.

Not PRS’ nitro. I have it on all my PS guitars, and it’s as hard and non-stocky as poly.

That is good to know, and that means they changed it to something better. My only experience with PRS nitro was the stuff they put on the first DGT's, and it was soft and problematic.

The finish is probably mostly poly anyway. I truly don't get the whole modern nitro branding thing. Nitro in name only. The EPA doesn't let the big manufacturers spray the old nitro anymore, and haven't for a long time. If it has nitro in it, it's probably a dash, like vermouth in a martini, while the gin does all the heavy lifting

I had an appletini once.

46a30bed6b876ba920fb99153eab0aad.jpg

I had an appletini at my neice’s wedding, stud.

Well, OK, I had several appletinis at my neice’s wedding, because that’s what they were passing on trays along with the hors d’oeuvres I was consuming faster than an hors d’oeuvres vacuum.

They were probably more Apple than tini, because I did somehow manage to walk to my table without assistance.

I had an appletini at my neice’s wedding, stud.

Well, OK, I had several appletinis at my neice’s wedding, because that’s what they were passing on trays along with the hors d’oeuvres I was consuming faster than an hors d’oeuvres vacuum.

They were probably more Apple than tini, because I did somehow manage to walk to my table without assistance.
To be fair the EPA only allow about a 4% concentration of tini to apple!

Unless your Ginsob guitars and then then pay a fee to increase that concentration to 7% tini!

Back