Show us your Silver Sky!

Have you seen how much a JM Incase gig bag sells for. If you can find one.

I bought one of those bags new from GC back when the model was still being made, because the case for my CU22 Soapbar got damaged. I think it was a $275 special order item at the time. It was the only way to get the Incase bag, it had been otherwise discontinued.

That Incase bag was the best made, most awesome and useful guitar case of any kind I’ve ever owned, including my Private Stock hard cases, and top-end Reunion Blues leather ones, etc.

No wonder they’re going for silly money! I stupidly sold it with the guitar to fund some piece of studio gear or other.

Every so often I check with Incase to see if they plan to make them again; sadly, no luck yet. I had no interest in whether it was JM or PM. It’s a terrific protective, light, sturdy and highly functional case, if you can find one.

Alas, my dealer just sold one on Tuesday with the case so I missed it, however I am still eagerly awaiting my Horizon Silver Sky! Might be a few more weeks. As Tom Petty used to say, “the waiting is the hardest part”. These things are moving like hot cakes so I still don’t get all the hate about them. Maybe there are more Taylor Swift fans than we thought?;) “All you’re ever gonna be is mean”:p

These things are moving like hot cakes so I still don’t get all the hate about them.

There are haters who love to hate Mayer, and there are haters who love to hate PRS; so a PRS Mayer guitar that has the additional audacity to be similar to a Strat is a powerful catalyst for the members of The Great Hater Internet Armageddon Society.

It’s like a recipe for Hate Soup.

The haters are all gonna have some. :rolleyes:

29511569_10160157370870253_5791257096866315193_n.jpg

There are haters who love to hate Mayer, and there are haters who love to hate PRS; so a PRS Mayer guitar that has the additional audacity to be similar to a Strat is a powerful catalyst for the members of The Great Hater Internet Armageddon Society.

It’s like a recipe for Hate Soup.

The haters are all gonna have some. :rolleyes:

While we anxiously await the clips from JMT...I have an obsevation of all this. Just my personal opinion... Nothing more nothing less.

I'm not a Mayer fan myself, but I do appreciate and respect the guys talent & skill...and thats about it. I AM however a huge fan of PRS, what they do, and the passion they do it with!

Watching the release of the Silver Sky as it has played out thus far, has given me flashbacks of business school. I gotta say, it's a beautiful dance to watch especially if you're familiar with the moves taking place. Yup, this has all the makings of a brilliant and beautifully executed business strategy...This is what I call Success Through Systematic Innovation. Call it whatever you like, the bottom line is PRSh and his team, are the very best of the best at what they do! My best guess is, every detail of this guitar and it's release, were thought out, planned and executed, with surgical precision. So, kudos to all involved! :)

I bet terms like "Strategic Control", "Success Requirements" and "Success Factors" were used, but more importantly implemented...A LOT over the last 2 years! That's just a guess, but one I would wager on, none the less.

The end game is this. We're all a part of this brilliant business plan. We always are. As long as we demand a supply of, in this particular scenario, another awesome PRS, that we didn't quite have available, until now. To me, that is a very cool thing. To some, it's a new and unusual thing to be all butt-hurt and upset about...:( I'm just stoked that l get to reap the rewards of some really smart and talented folks, doing what they do best..KILLING IT by giving us more new and exciting flavors of kool-aid to desire and acquire! Aka known as...WINNING!

NOW WHERE ARE OUR CLIPS MAN!o_O

Last edited:
My friend just ordered one and it was in stock. He decided to take the one color they had left in stock. I am one happy dude because I will get to demo his guitar as soon as he gets it. I did not want to order until I played one because John is a tall guy with big hands and fingers and I am a small guy with small hands and fingers. Plus the thin frets have me a bit concerned. I have 2 Strats (one which is "special" to my ears), so getting a chance to demo one is a big plus for me. Happy to sell a guitar to get this if I am comfortable playing it.

Can't wait to see more pics and sound clips/ tone reports.

Back