Show us your PRS McCarty, thread

Asimauve

Show us what'choo got !!!

pICBDZd.jpg

Not a great picture...but love this 2005 McCarty, my second PRS. Gave my PRS SE custom to my daughter for her first electric guitar. That's my father showing it off.
10516877_10202308559456983_3991463385878179797_n.jpg

Damn Kingsley... that's, well, just, damn.

I have been browsing Macs a bit the past year and have really been digging the McBursts with moons like in the original ad.. Talk about a delayed reaction to marketing schemes!

Thanks Jesse. She's an early PS (#222)...the first PRS I ever purchased...and to this day one of the best flame tops I've ever seen. The inlays are jet black onyx old birds w gold outlines, but don't show up very well in this pic.

Thanks Jesse. She's an early PS (#222)...the first PRS I ever purchased...and to this day one of the best flame tops I've ever seen. The inlays are jet black onyx old birds w gold outlines, but don't show up very well in this pic.

Still bummed we didn't meet up at Experience. :(

I'll just have to come visit your studio!

All of these guitars are so cool!

I wish I still had my McRW soap NAMM guitar to show you guys, but...well...

However my McCarty Singlecut (Hammer of the Gods) is at least called a McCarty!

However my McCarty Singlecut (Hammer of the Gods) is at least called a McCarty!

Hey, Les, the thread title is SHOW us your PRS McCarty. *cough, cough*

And that one certainly qualifies. Ted's influence is pretty damn clear. ;)

Here are the McCarty variations I've owned over the years...

One of the original 26 IRW McStandards (bought from / sold back to the original owner):
IRW_McSoap_Standard_1.bmp

One piece top (my only to date) IRW McSoap (sold to an old "PRS Forum" member):
McSoap_Close_Front.jpg

BLE IRW neck'd McCarty #001/500 (Yes...#1 of the edition)...bought this new for Jack Gretz over a decade ago and it was my #1 for many years (still have her). This guitar was pretty special for it's day; first regular production based McCarty with a quilt top, stained in royal blue (a color that wasn't available on a McCarty at the time of this series) and it's equipped with split-able PRS #7's:
001_BLE_MC_1.jpg

BLE IRW neck'd McCarty #001/500 (Yes...#1 of the edition)...bought this new for Jack Gretz over a decade ago and it was my #1 for many years (still have her). This guitar was pretty special for it's day; first regular production based McCarty with a quilt top, stained in royal blue (a color that wasn't available on a McCarty at the time of this series) and it's equipped with split-able PRS #7's:
001_BLE_MC_1.jpg

That is one cool-ass guitar, Goof, and especially cool that you still have it. One of the ancestors of this guitar, which is one of my favorite McCarty family guitars ever. Which I still own & treasure.

PRS%20Modern%20Eagle%20v3.jpg

How do you get 'em to dangle at an angle like that, Kingsley? ;)

So this here's a McCarty 'cause PRS calls it one and Kingsley gave me permission:

That is one cool-ass guitar, Goof, and especially cool that you still have it.
Thanks man...I've toyed with selling it over the years but can never seem to pull the trigger. I'm sure it will move on to another home one of these days, but I don't "need" to sell it so who knows.

So I managed to find a picture of my first McCarty whichwas an early version with "McCarty Model" written on the back of the headstock, but it didn't have Dragons...it was also the 2nd PRS I purchased:
MyPRSMCatDaves.jpg

I also dug up a picture of my IRW McSoap that I sold to Suppaso (man I miss that guy) that he took immediately to a meet -n- greet in Chicago where some guy in a black shirt gave it a whirl. ;)
IRWMcSoapwithPRS.bmp

Great guitars in this thread!

mctrem1.JPG

My 97 Mctrem, 6100 fretwire, DGT bridge pup, 57/08 neck pup, it makes my DGTs tremble with fear :D

Back