Shipping a heavy amp

I have an 85 pound Mesa amp. It took my brother and I half a day to simply wrangle it down the stairs and out of the original Mesa shipping box upon its arrival 5-ish years ago.

Weak, feckless old men such as myself should be prohibited both by law and the conventions of Science from moving an item of such immense weight.

In truth, this should include our own bodies, that no longer obey such brain commands such as, "Get out of the chair without nearly falling over."
In fact, I have 400 lbs in suitcase weights but actually needed almost double that to handle a 1000lb weight on the end of my pallet forks.

I had a pile of bad load cells from Weightronix truck scales so I built a hanger bracket and mounted it on the back of my skidsteer.

Cleaned up and painted nine of them and hang them on the back too. Looks a little odd but they were free so I repurposed them.

I hear ya loud and clear.

I have 100lb suitcase weights on the back of my skid steer for when I'm moving my certified 1000lb weights around from vehicle to vehicle or in my shop.

I can pickup and move two at a time fairly easy but anymore my back doesn't like it so I stopped doing it.

Getting old has been a real education!
I am not a big guy (136lbs) and my days of hauling amps around like a worker ant are a distant memory. My MKIVb combo lives on its castors and there is n hope of me getting up and down stairs safely on my own. I often wonder about getting a head shell and a cab to split it up or a different amp for that matter.

Back