She is finally here! NGD SC245 GoldTop

Where's the battery on the acoustic - I just noticed they did away with the old control setup?

I finally was able to pick her up from the post office this morning.
Shine.jpg

She is old but near flawless and plays beautifully! I love the tone straight out to the amp. I think I am going to have to have my LP set up to get closer to this, I like the feel better.
Here she is with her sisters.
Family.jpg
Great stuff! Love Goldie!!!

Where's the battery on the acoustic - I just noticed they did away with the old control setup?
The battery is actually inside the body just where the neck ends at the sound hole. You have to loosen the strings to change them. As I don't intend to use the pickups (I want to mic it) I don't think changing the battery will be an issue.

The battery is actually inside the body just where the neck ends at the sound hole. You have to loosen the strings to change them. As I don't intend to use the pickups (I want to mic it) I don't think changing the battery will be an issue.
They usually last quite awhile anyway as long as you don't leave it plugged in all the time when not in use.

Congrats, OP! That is a beautiful guitar, and a fine collection. I have an '07 245 goldtop that I absolutely love, it gets more playtime than the Custom Shop LP that sits next to it! What year is yours? Also, nice Custom 24 you've got there, as well! HNGD!

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention how cool it is that you've got a PRS strap on the Lester... I'd probably do the same, but I digress.

W.

Back