She is finally here! NGD SC245 GoldTop

Well Les, what about the PRS Signature Club?

Well, it has members, a T-shirt, a lanyard, a TRC, and a discount at the PRS Store. There are club events, I was actually at a couple.

Not everyone's automatically in it when they get a PRS, they have to join the club.

Now, it's a manufacturer sponsored club, and so there's a certain ersatz flavor to that, but it's real. Paul Smith or his staff may have dreamed it up, but people joined.

A club with more than one member is a club. A club with one member is not a club. It's a guy.

So let's recap:

A guy buying a guitar like yours is not a club. It's a coincidence.

Last edited:
I'm not even gonna say, "Yet another club."

I don't know how to break this to you gently. There is no such club, sir

wonka.png

So, that family is complete (for now). I git my Angelus A30E today also.
It's amazing! The sound is so much clearer and resonant than my Taylor!
TheFam.jpg

Very awesome set there! And having had several high end Taylors (and others), I completely agree that the PRS acoustics are the real deal, and on another level.

I have a PS version of the Tonare Grand, with maple back, sides and neck, and it's unbelievable. My Taylor-playing son tried it, looked up and said, "How can I go back to my piece of junk guitar now?"

I told him in a few years it'll be his, just be patient. LOL

Fixed it for ya.

Actually, I hope you know I was just kidding around.

Well, that's just great. Seven and a half hours of revenge planning and all that plastic wrap WASTED!!!! I'm just glad I didn't start driving...

dexter-kill-room-creative-photography-rothphoto-projects-002.jpg

The sound is so much clearer and resonant than my Taylor!
TheFam.jpg

Nice! I love the goldtop and would highly consider a 25" scale PRS goldtop of my own. Congrats.

Been a Taylor player for years, so I'm not sold on an SE sounding more resonant than a Taylor, but then I guess it would depend on the model.

Nice! I love the goldtop and would highly consider a 25" scale PRS goldtop of my own. Congrats.

Been a Taylor player for years, so I'm not sold on an SE sounding more resonant than a Taylor, but then I guess it would depend on the model.
I have a 114e 6 string and a 150e 12 string. The PRS beats the Taylor 6 for sheer oomph and clarity and its about par with the 12.

I didn't know the SC245s had vintage tuners...I thought that they were only on the Singlecut models with 25" scale length, and the 245s had the Phase II or III tuners.

Interesting!

Core Starlas also have vintage tuners. I was a bit worried about that at first, but they seem to work well.

When I finally get something with locking tuners though, maybe I'll notice the difference...

Back