She is finally here! NGD SC245 GoldTop

Anim8me2

I finally was able to pick her up from the post office this morning.
Shine.jpg

She is old but near flawless and plays beautifully! I love the tone straight out to the amp. I think I am going to have to have my LP set up to get closer to this, I like the feel better.
Here she is with her sisters.
Family.jpg

Awesome! Great looking collection! (Although I must say...the PRSi should be just like the flag...the predominant, foremost position in the photo!:p)

Congrats on the new Goldtop...nice little usual suspects lineup you have there.

I think my favorite thing (composition-wise) is the PRS birds strap on the Gibby :)

Awesome! Great looking collection! (Although I must say...the PRSi should be just like the flag...the predominant, foremost position in the photo!:p)
The only reason it is front and center is it's a trad and not weight relieved. Too hard to pull up from the back of the row!

I didn't know the SC245s had vintage tuners...I thought that they were only on the Singlecut models with 25" scale length, and the 245s had the Phase II or III tuners.

Interesting!

Congrats, and welcome to Club SC245! GOLD membership!

Is there anything more classic looking than a goldtop single cut? I know all about burst love - cherry sunburst may be my all-time favorite finish, but damn if goldtop isn't right there.

Congrats, and welcome to Club SC245! GOLD membership!

I'm not even gonna say, "Yet another club."

I don't know how to break this to you gently. There is no such club, sir!

There's not even so much as a T-shirt for that alleged club, and there is certainly no hat, no matching blazer, no leather jacket, and no hoodie. Nor has anyone requested membership in your alleged club. There has never been a meeting.

What if the OP doesn't want to be in a club?

Yet you claim he is a member and welcome him to it. Shouldn't it be optional to belong to a club?

Allow me to demonstrate what a typical club looks like:

Note the fairway, the green, and the actual clubhouse where they have meetings, and serve drink and food to guests and members of said club.

Here is another type of club. This club of nice young men gets matching leather jackets and shares an interest in motorcycling. They get together for meetings and have a clubhouse of a different type than the one in the other picture.

Your alleged "club" lacks even the most rudimentary features of a club, like meetings, a clubhouse, a golf course, T-shirt, blazer, hat, leather jacket, motorcycles, or members other than yourself.

So it isn't a club.

You could form a club. That might be a good idea. You could hold meetings. Members could be given the options to join. They could vote on what kind of blazer, T-shirt, hoodie, hat, leather jacket, or other accoutrements of membership they would most like to have.

But you do not yet have a club. You can't just declare a club into existence if you're the only guy in it.

I'm sorry. At this stage, it's a figment of your imagination. I know you've been under a lot of stress lately what with your wife's surgery and all, but believe me, declaring imaginary clubs to exist isn't good for your physical or mental well-being.

Fortunately there is help. The Imaginary Organization Helping People With Imaginary Club Fantasties was formed to get folks like you back to reality, and to help them cope with their illness. You can google this organization, call them, and ask for help. ;)

Last edited:
..but, what if they had knife fights? Or a pageant? Or a bake sale fund raiser?

Not to mention a secret handshake...

Yes, then it would be a club. Alan would need to find at least one member other than himself, though.

Allow me to demonstrate what a typical club looks like:

Note the fairway, the green, and the actual clubhouse where they have meetings, and serve drink and food to guests and members of said club.

Here is another type of club. This club of nice young men gets matching leather jackets and shares an interest in motorcycling. They get together for meetings and have a clubhouse of a different type than the one in the other picture.

Your alleged "club" lacks even the most rudimentary features of a club, like meetings, a clubhouse, a golf course, T-shirt, blazer, hat, leather jacket, motorcycles, or members other than yourself.

So it isn't a club.

You could form a club. That might be a good idea. You could hold meetings. Members could be given the options to join. They could vote on what kind of blazer, T-shirt, hoodie, hat, leather jacket, or other accoutrements of membership they would most like to have.

But you do not yet have a club. You can't just declare a club into existence if you're the only guy in it.

I'm sorry. At this stage, it's a figment of your imagination. I know you've been under a lot of stress lately what with your wife's surgery and all, but believe me, declaring imaginary clubs to exist isn't good for your physical or mental well-being.

Fortunately there is help. The Imaginary Organization Helping People With Imaginary Club Fantasties was formed to get folks like you back to reality, and to help them cope with their illness. You can google this organization, call them, and ask for help. ;)

Well Les, what about the PRS Signature Club?

Back