Seeing red! (satin)

GS1

Well, I have been away for a while (pretty sure no one has noticed!), and have returned from beyond. Nice new forum software BTW! I owned and sold several very nice PRS', to me anyway, and was lured away by another brand, trying to find "that" sound. But I think it turns out that I am a PRS guy after all. Quality and attention to detail are pretty important to me, and we all know where to find it.

The final straw for me was taking a new brand "g" guitar to one of the most highly respected places in town, after not being able to get it set up to my liking, and being told "it's within spec, if this were a PRS, I would send it back". Essentially, good enough for them, not good enough for PRS. That was that.

So, after going through a number of guitars, and not being satisfied with them, I decided to return it and go back to something that I knew would work for me. I browsed the website, and was intrigued by the new
Satin Standards. I wanted a solid, well made, affordable guitar that rocks. I am a huge fan of the SE's, but I am also one who feels that the S2 line is the sweet spot.

I tried out a few guitars, but the satin singlecut just spoke to me. The neck felt amazing, no sharp, tarnished frets, perfect intonation, and it sounds great! SOLD!! So here it is. I originally wanted black, but the Vintage Cherry is all they had in stock, so I bought it. I actually really like it.

S2%20Single%20Satin%201_zpsztggybqh.jpg

S2%20Single%20Satin%202_zpsilv6gn7o.jpg

Sweet score. Welcome back. As "they" say, the grass isn't always greener.....

Thanks folks. Yes, I am unfortunately familiar with the grass is greener concept. I came to PRS the first time looking for high quality/fair price, and found it. But like that one hot girlfriend you keep going back to until you discover how horrible she is once again, I was drawn by the siren's song! Oh well, good thing I am happily married now!

Just got done cranking up the amp, and playing a little punk. Man did that leave a smile on my face! Anyone looking for just a fun, rockin' little guitar, do yourself a favor, and at least check these babies out. I honestly have nothing bad to say about it, and apparently I am a very picky sob! For the price, forget about it. Now, if we can just get one made with P90's...

That's a nice slab-o-hog you got yourself there...welcome back!

You could always slap a set of humbucker-sized P90s in there fairly simple-like.

Satin SC Goodness FTW!

... I seriously want one, trying to hold back for now.

Back