SE Zach Mayers glue on a fret

A photo would be nice so we can see what you're dealing with.

Mask the fingerboard with painter's tape and rub the fret down with fine steel wool along the length of the fret.

Mask the fingerboard so you can rub it off without touching the fingerboard itself.

A new single edge razor blade might help too.

Last edited:
Ah the pictures tell the story, glue on the fretboard. Same answer use OOO (triple ot )steel wool. Or you could use a brand new razor and lightly scrape that area. Scrape from fret to fret not up/down go with the grain. You may need to put a little fretboard conditioner on that area after but shouldn’t be an issue.

Thank you. Since its my first guitar. Im afraid to mess it up . I think i will return it. Sucks that sweetwater pictures are clean. They might shot it right after prs factory and spill a glue during their 55 point check up. So sad. Do they need a check up after check up now? :)

Ive returned five guitars that shouldnt have made it through the 55 point inspection at Sweetwater. Makes one wonder.
The 55 point is a big box sales pitch. Don't get me wrong, I like Sweetwater and they are a far cry from GC, but at the end of the day they are just slinging guitars and giving candy :). If it's real service and quality inspections you're after local is the way to go.

If it really is just some glue on fret it's a super easy and fast fix. If you're happy with the guitar in other ways. I wouldn't send it back. SW will give you a few bucks back to have it taken care of local. Not that I ever advocate using guitar center, but even they could even handle this one.

Or find a local shop/luthier you like and trust to take to them. It's always good to have a tech you trust local especially in the beginning.

You can also buy a small bottle of fingernail polish remover. Put it on a cloth, let a little of it evaporate and rub gently. It might take you 45 seconds to do this. If the guitar sounds well and plays well, I wouldn’t send it back.

Last edited:
You can also buy a small bottle of fingernail polish remover. Put it on a cloth, let a little of it evaporate and rub gently. It might take you 45 seconds to do this. If the guitar sounds well and plays well, I wouldn’t send it back.
Thank you.

Also random question. My guitar came as very light blue with SN starts with F ( year 2023 ) but in GS i saw very deep dark blue color SN E 2022 ) did prs change colors this year? Was a bit a fracturation

solved. I went to pharmacy and got “acetone free nail polish remover wipes” by Daylogic. Glue is gone now. Ill keep the guitar.
Thank you for all your responses.

Kindly
Aleks

Back